Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick! Can You Bring Flowers On A Plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick! Can You Bring Flowers On A Plane?

Ok, I know most people think it's stupid to give flowers to men, but it's our 8 month anniversary and my boyfriends birthday so I would love to bring him some kind of manly (? lol) flowers when I go to see him tonight. Can I bring flowers on a plane? Or are they banished because I might make a bomb out of petals?

If it is international no, you are not allowed plants-dead or alive between countries. If it is within the states, I don't thin it'd be a problem.

Comment

It's between states. I did just fly from Arizona here and saw a woman with a bouquet of roses. I think I'll call the airline during my lunch break.

Comment

You can probably buy some flowers at the airport you arrive in. I think a couple hours on a plane will leave you with some pretty sad looking flowers.

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering, you can bring flowers on a plane. They just can't be in water, which is fine because you can also just buy a bottle of water on the other side of security. I asked the florist and she said if they start to droop they'll perk up after they get water after the flight. (just 4 hours)

I know it's a girly thing but I got my boyfriend a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers. They are so beautiful I can't wait to give them to him. Even if he's not excited about them, I'll love looking at them all weekend. I hope he likes them, I love giving flowers to people I care about.

Comment

Oh and I thought of a way to keep them from drooping! I'll bring a plastic bag, rubber bands and some paper towels in my luggage. Once I get through security I'll got to the bathroom, soak the paper towels, wrap the stems and add some water and it should be fine. I totally forgot I've done this before!!!!

Glad I figured it out.

Comment

This is good to know! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rach321 View Post
                This is good to know! Thanks!
                Not a problem! I figured if I was wondering maybe other people were too. And since I found a solution I wanted to share

Comment

I'm sure he'll love the flowers! Can't wait to hear how your visit goes!

Comment

Nothing wrong with giving a guy flowers xD

Comment

Hey, some guys totally dig getting flowers and other such traditional romantic gestures, it's just sad that many of them don't feel able to admit to this, because of the stereotypical association with femininity.
                      Personally, I think it's unfair women get all the fun in that regard - why shouldn't guys get flowers if they like them? They smell good and they look nice, and if my guy ever indicated a secret interest, I'd send him a bouquet of long stems in an instant!

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                        I know it's a girly thing but I got my boyfriend a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers. They are so beautiful I can't wait to give them to him. Even if he's not excited about them, I'll love looking at them all weekend. I hope he likes them, I love giving flowers to people I care about.
                        i send my boyfriend flowers from time to time. i think it's a sweet gesture that men aren't used to... he told me i was the only girl who's ever sent flowers to him before and that is how i won him over

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                          Oh and I thought of a way to keep them from drooping! I'll bring a plastic bag, rubber bands and some paper towels in my luggage. Once I get through security I'll got to the bathroom, soak the paper towels, wrap the stems and add some water and it should be fine. I totally forgot I've done this before!!!!

Glad I figured it out.
                          I was going to suggest this exact thing! Because I know, even if you put them back into water, they will perk up, but they get air pockets in the stems which reduces the life of the flowers. Which is why it's always good to cut the stem off a little at the bottom if you've had them out of water for a while. But the bag and rubber band solution will fix that
                          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
                          X