new years eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new years eve

Is anyone else depressed that you can't spend new years with your S/O?

I know it's soo cliche, but I'm sad that I can't spend my new year with my S/O, that we can't kiss at new years :/

I think I'm still going to go out but I'm not sure.

It would be a total lie if I said that I am not sad to know that I am not able to spend New Year's Eve with my man.
    I wanted to be the first person who say Happy New Year to him.
    I wanted to be the first person to kiss him and hug him when the year changing..

But.. I am sure that time will come and so with yours!
    So be happy and be strong till the time comes for you both to spend it together! *hugs*

Comment

Yes, I am. I spent last New Year's Eve with my SO and it was so nice...seriously the best New Year's Eve ever. I'm going to visit about 2 weeks after...that's the best we could work out. I'll be with my family New Year's Eve...kind of over the whole champagne/party thing.

Comment

YES !!!! Im depressed about the whole festive season spent without him
        And while he rings me every year when the clocks hit midnight on his side of the world , so I can actually be the first one to wish him a Happy New Year, every time I'm stepping into new year, he's asleep. And that's the hard part when you turn around and see all these couples so happy and hugging and kissing and everything... I always make sure there's someone single around, so I don't feel left out. The rest of the night is like every other night out, although I don't know whether not to settle with my family this year.. just do it quiet, but then again I'll have way more time to 'think' which won't be that good either.

Comment

This will be our third New years eve together and the first we actually get to spend with each other! It defintely sucked not having anything to do the last couple years I spent it alone on my couch so I am very much looking forward to our first new years kiss.

Comment

I was planning on taking a trip out of the country during the end of Dec to beginning of Jan. I ended up deciding against it. One of the reasons was to finally be able to give my SO a new year's smooch!!! It will be our first New Years together

Comment

I'm lucky in that I'll get to spend Christmas and New Years with my bf. this may be the only holiday we share together until we're CD.

Comment

He's going to Skype me for his, and I will Skype him for mine, close to the countdown.
                I wish he could be there, but I am just going to have a fantastic time, keeping busy and distracted with good friends, instead!

Comment

My family doesn't even stay up for New Years, so it's always just me by myself anyway. My boyfriend would really like to come up here for New Years, but I just don't think it will happen given all the issues we're having with the visa. So, yeah, I'm a little bummed, but I'm kind of expecting being alone again.
                  Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                  Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                  Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I remember last NYE we spoke about how we wanted to be each others new years kiss.

Unfortunately that won't be happening this time around, either. I would love to spend both christmas and new years with him but it's just not an option right now considering how far away we are from each other. And our time differences as well make it a little difficult too.

Comment

I will spend new years (and christmas) with him, but one year I didnt spend new years with him, and it really made me sad, so i understand how it feels. :/
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

This will be the first Christmas and New Years I'll spend with my SO, since he had work last year.
                        Then we won't get to celebrate Christmas and new years again before 2013.
                        I'll be without him every second year, unfortunately, because of his work. So I understand the feelings of not getting to celebrate together.

Comment

Yes, I am. I wish I could spend Christmas and New Year's Eve with my SO, but it's not possible. It sucks.

Comment

I'd love to celebrate Christmas and New Year's Eve! I can see us decorating a tree together and everything....that'd be wonderful.

Comment

Yes, I am sad I won't be able to spend New Years Eve with my boyfriend. It upsets me probably way more than it should. I know it's just superstition but you're supposed to spend New Years Eve with the person you want to spend the next year with, and I want to spend my next year with my boyfriend. I've never had a New Years Eve kiss and will be spending another one completely alone, probably going to sleep well before midnight.

However, the next day I'm going to a concert which should be fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X