I don't know what to do next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to do next!

Ok guys, prepare for a confusing scenario...

I'll first start off by introducing myself; I'm currently a grade 12 student in High School (age 17) and I'm very interested in this girl that I met for the first time roughly a month ago.

Anyways, I'm going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

I was introduced to these three Brazilian girls that are exchange students at my school - basically what that means is that they'll go back after a semester. So, three of my buddy's decided that we were gonna talk to each one of them to get to to know them and stick with that one so we wouldn't "cock-block" the other one. Turn's out I was talking to a girl named Maria.

All 6 of us (3 brazilian girls, 2 of my friends and I) hung out with them basically every weekend up until this passed Saturday which was the last night that Maria was going to be in Canada. I wanted to make it the best night for her possible so all 6 of us just drove around for a long time. Eventually we stopped and I made out with her about 5-6 times and after making out we all talked and she was cuddling and nibbling on my sweater and just being very cute overall - it was a very bonding moment. I began to feel that I loved this girl. I always liked her from the start, but I felt a feeling between her that I've never felt with another girl after making out with her. Her two brazilian friends always told me that Maria thought I was really cute, sweet, and nice, and after making out, a good kisser too.

So, the following morning she left, and that was the last time I saw her. It's been 4 days now since I last saw her and it feels like it's been forever! I always go workout after school and that usually makes me happy and in a good mood, but I'm literally thinking about her at every waking moment and feeling sad that she isn't here with me and it's depressing thinking about the possibility of me never seeing here again. I think of her cute smile and everything and it makes me want to cry.

So, with this being said. Should I tell her how much I feel for her? I feel like I should because if I don't I wont ever know what she felt about me. I was also going to try and get her address in Brazil so I could send her a gift of a canadian teddy bear representing canada in a way to remember me.

How should I approach this? If it turns out she likes be still, what do I do? How do I recommend an long distance relationship? And it's not like I can just go have coffee with her tomorrow morning either and discuss things. We could Skype, but it's hard on week nights with the time zone difference, and she's been really busy lately so she's not on facebook much.

What should I do? Please give me some advice I'm so confused.

Thanks,
    Connor.

Awwww, that is sweet!

Im from Brazil too, and I think that, if she liked you, she would have no problem giving you her address, because you know eah other and hang out in person and all that.

tell her what you feel, you dont want to be thinking what if, what if?! all the time. better to try and fail than to never try.

Best of luck and keep us updated! ;D
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Hi Connor,

I think there's nothing wrong with just telling her how you feel - if you think you love her, then you love her. Considering you made out and she responded back, that means she does like you. But what I suggest is, don't go all romeo and juliet on her just yet. What you should probably do is:

1. reconnect. don't worry if she's not on fb all the time, leave her a message. Do you know her email? email her.
      2. Ask how she is and let her know your intentions of continuing your friendship even if it's long distance. Friendship? Yes. Friendship. All good relationships starts with being the best of friends first.
      3. Skype with her. Doesn't matter if you have different timezones - love breaks all of those! I'm 13 hours ahead of my LDB and we make it work. You should initiate it. If she is willing to stay in contact with you, she'll make that effort to reconcile the time difference.

Just work on it. LDR takes a lot of effort but if there is love, everything is worth it. You're 17 after all, in a year time you would be an adult then you can work your future then. But remember, keep your individuality. Continue your life - your friends, family, school. My SO and I have agreed that we have our own lives but are connected at a point. This way, we both grow - while being connected.
      sigpic
      Nobody knows who I really am
      Maybe they just don't give a damn
      But if I ever need someone to come along
      I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

Tell her! you gotta tell her or you'll regret it I can assure you. And LDR does work! I really was thinking the same like you. Untill I found myself in one. I'm from Belgium and he's from Brazil, I have difference with the timezone things too and with me its even harder since I gotta keep this relationship a secret. Ive come accross big problems, but you know, love is worth it. I'm telling you. This feeling isn't easy to find. And you know, something tells me she likes you too

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information and suggestions to tell her guys!

What I was thinking was if I got her address, I was going to send her a teddy bear representing Canada with a letter expressing my feelings towards her.

What do you guys think?

Comment

If she is anything like me, she would love that!

maybe put some o your perfum on the teddy bear, so it will smell like you?
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
              If she is anything like me, she would love that!

maybe put some o your perfum on the teddy bear, so it will smell like you?
              Great idea! How should I tell her that I like her though? It sounds so easy but it's really not. Like, I want her to KNOW that I really like her. Should I also tell her before sending the gift? Because it may take like a week or two to get to her and I don't know if that will be to late. =\

Comment

well if it's okay with you, find an online store that is based in her country. There are ones that carry like flowers, teddy bears, etc. that includes a gift message usually. those take only like 3-5 days delivery. that's what me and my SO do, i ordered a big teddy bear for him from a US based online store and it arrived in 3 days. He, in turn, orders online some roses from my country-based online store and it arrives to me in a day.

one problem tho, you cant put your perfume on it and you cant probably write a long message. So best is, vidchat with her to tell her personally when your gift arrives. that's like simultaneously giving her the gift and telling her how you feel.
                sigpic
                Nobody knows who I really am
                Maybe they just don't give a damn
                But if I ever need someone to come along
                I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

Thanks again for the replies but I don't want to get too a head of myself. I don't even have her address yet. One of her Brazilian friends which is still here were I live is talking to her trying to get her address because she wants to send her "cards" but in reality it's for me so I can surprise her with a gift!

But before I do ANY of this I want to clear one last thing up. I've come to the conclusion that I am going to tell her how stongly I like her but I don't know how? It seems so easy to say to someone, but no for the first time! I'm trying to find a cute way that will make her like me even more (if she does like me) and for me to get a positive response.

IF I do get her address I will send her a teddy bear, but I think it's going to be hard to find a "Online Teddy Bear Store" in Brazil, and considering I don't have a credit card.

Any tips on how to get her address/tell her I really like her/get her a bear feel free to help.

PS: She's from Brazil so obviously Brazilian Portuguese is her first language and I doubt she knows anything about an LDR, how would I explain this to her?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

She's also not on facebook often because she doesn't have school back in Brazil right now so I can't talk to her often! This is anoher hiccup in me telling her. I want her to be online so it's live, at least!

Comment

It doesn't have to be cute or some forced saying. Just tell her exactly how you feel, and drop in details,(like the bonding moment in the car). Why wouldn't she know what an LDR is? It's not like it's a something of magic. It doesn't even have to be an LDR right now. You guys can just be there for each other, and chat, and skype etc and see where it goes. I think she'd freak a bit or shut down if you were like "let's be in an LDR together!"
                    “But now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.”

Comment

Originally posted by DarkStarrx View Post
                      It doesn't have to be cute or some forced saying. Just tell her exactly how you feel, and drop in details,(like the bonding moment in the car). Why wouldn't she know what an LDR is? It's not like it's a something of magic. It doesn't even have to be an LDR right now. You guys can just be there for each other, and chat, and skype etc and see where it goes. I think she'd freak a bit or shut down if you were like "let's be in an LDR together!"
                      This is the type of response I was looking for. Thank you, and I wasn't thinking of just asking her to be in an LDR, but I do appreciate the example!

Should I just ask her for her address at this point so it can get to her for Christmas? But I'd rather have it as a surpise. :\

I'm from Canada so I was thinking a Poler Bear?

Also, how should I tell her I feel? A letter with the gift (if she gives me her address), over facebook, or skype?

Comment

I'm hoping to do it today. =\

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Just told her this;
                            "Hey Maria! i know you just went offline but i was meaning to ask you something. i got a christmas present for you and i was wanting to send it to you but i need your address! if you give it to me i really hope you like it! also, i really enjoyed knowing you when you were here in canada. i'm so glad i got to meet you and if you come back anytime you can definetely stay here with my family! i'm glad i got to be with you the last night u were here as well in my van, i really liked that time with u and i hope we have more moments like that in the future and that's a moment i won't ever forget. i hope i get to see you again soon and i hope we can also continue our long distance friendship. hope to hear from you soon maria. ♥ feel free to text me at (blank) if you want as well. "

I think that's a non-creepy way of telling her.

Comment

Hope that was good enough. =\

Comment

Working...
                              X