No announcement yet.

Marriage Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be having a small wedding, we are a total of 49 people, incluiding us 2! But is not a BBQ wedding, I belive anyone can make a small wedding but beautiful and with style! Are your parents contributing to the wedding?

Comment

ok first of all thank you all for your long and thoughtful replies!

Derik and I need to get married now if we want to move in together because if we're married then we can live off campus and instead of living on campus with loans we can either use loans to pay for rent or give them right back.

I really liked a lot of your ideas! Especially about having a small thing and a bigger thing later.

As far as I know my parents are not contributing or anything like that. Oh also I did like the idea of a cocktail wedding too! Annnd my thoughts were that I didn't want people to laugh at me.

Anyway I do legitly feel a lot better now. Thanks again guys. I'll let you know what goes down!

Comment

Congratulations! Power to you if you could handle marriage and school....I know plenty of people who have, but geez I have so much stress with school I don't know if I could handle putting together a wedding! I personally just want parents, siblings, and our two BFF's there to see his get married/sign papers then have a huge reception. Haven't really talked about those details but I'd be willing to do the big church wedding if it was really what he wanted. I don't think the size of the wedding or where it is matters.....just as long as it has meaning to the two of you! But if a fairytale wedding is that important to you, maybe you should just wait.

I have a feeling we'll be ready to get married not long after he's home. Chances are we won't have a whole lot of money to pay for a large over the top wedding. I don't really want that though. I will honestly take what I can get....I'm very much ready to be married and if all we can afford is a cute summer dress, slacks and a button up shirt, and signing papers....I'll be ecstatic!

I think you should go with your heart! If you really need that fairytale wedding put it off.....you could even open a special savings account and each place x amount of your check each month. If you're ready to get married.....go with what you can afford. Look forward to hearing you've set a date!

Comment

Working...
        X