Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR College Kids! Home for the Holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR College Kids! Home for the Holidays?

Hey guys, happy holidays!

I'm just interested in seeing if everyone (especially my fellow college couples) is home for the holidays and hopefully, seeing their SOs! Fortunately, both my SO and I are home and spending some quality time together now that we're in our hometown at the same time. I really hope everyones' respective holidays go well! What are some of your holiday traditions with your family/with your SO?

Can't afford to go home for the holidays. Spending Christmas with boyfriend but it's the second Christmas I haven't been with my family. Feeling very homesick, especially since ALL my friends went home. ): Maybe next year.

Comment

My SO and I met at college but our homes are 8 hours apart and my college is 8 hours from him as well. He withdrew last April, so I'm the only one at school now and he's at home, BUT we'll be spending Christmas together. My grandmother paid for his plane ticket. I have a plane change where he lives so we'll be on the same plane into where I live. And then I get him AND my family and friends back home for 2 weeks. I'm so so so so so sooooo EXCITED. I'm not going to sleep tonight. I get to see him tomorrow.
      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I came home from grad school today and my boyfriend surprised me at the train station! It was amazing because I had no idea he was coming. He lives 2 hours away from my parents and he has school tomorrow since he's a teacher. It was rough saying goodbye because it was such a short visit, but we'll see each other at New Year's. Unfortunately we are never truly CD but it's great to have him within driving distance! We got together August 2008 and we've never spent Christmas together, but we've always rotated for New Year's.

Comment

he is back, yes, but because of wanting to go to a very good uni (wanting grade As in Alevel) we cant see each other much too much revision

Comment

Yes! Actually, whenever my friends and I (who happen to be from the same city) drive home (12 hour drive), we pass by the city that his college is in. And since I let out a week before his school did, my friend dropped me off at his school on the way home and I stayed with him for an entire week, and then we both took a bus back to our home city at the end of the week. We're currently only 15 minutes away from each other. ^^ It's great! We're supposed to hang out today so I'm looking forward to it. :P

Comment

I've been home for about two weeks :] my college lets out early! My SO and I have been spending a lot of time together, although we're both working so that does take some time (he's working now). My parents and brothers are going to Florida for Christmas and I don't want to so I'll be spending Christmas with him, which I'm very happy about!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I came home last thursday and I'm off for 6 weeks (thank goodness) so Chris is coming back here on Christmas Day and staying until January 3rd!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killerkaytee View Post
                  I came home last thursday and I'm off for 6 weeks (thank goodness) so Chris is coming back here on Christmas Day and staying until January 3rd!!!!
                  Wow! You guys get a lot of time off!

Comment

My SO came home from college on Saturday! He's going to be here for 3 weeks! We will be spending Christmas and New Years together for our second year in a row. It's been a great few days so far and I'm so glad he's here. I love this guy more than anything in the world and these 5 days have only made my love grow even more. <3

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                      Wow! You guys get a lot of time off!
                      Haha I know it's great =) Although I wish it was shorter so we could have more time in the summer because I'm more of a summer person =) but hey I can't complain

Comment

Mmmhm! The boyfriend's home is very far from mine...but he's coming over for the holidays in just a few days! It's super exciting, this will be our first Christmas together~
                        xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X