Hey WoWhead LDRs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey WoWhead LDRs...

This is more for the mmoers on here. Any of you ever feel like you are competing with the game for your SO's attention?

I know its kind of silly, but I feel like that sometimes. Ever since my SO and I returned to WoW we've kind of gone off in different directions. Where as he is dungeon grinding i'm Achievement hunting. We rarely do anything on it together. Maybe a dungeon or two twice a week. When he's in a dungeon, (which I get), I get the big ol ignore button its frustrating. And because he has been grinding and getting better gear his is far superior to mine and can get into dungeons I can't. Which is good, go him but where is my invite even to regular heroics?

I kno non gamers are gonna think this is gibberish, lol. It just kinda sucks that something that used to bring us together is keeping us apart now.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

lol my SO and i are total gamers. Right now he's playing SWTOR which i got him for Christmas. I resisted starting up a character cause im busy with life stuff atm. Mmos eat my life!

Are you not really into the dungeon stuff? What my SO and i do is, he has 2 "mains". 1 main he plays when i aint around and the other he levels with me exclusively. And i do the same....although i sometimes play the characters im playing with him and out lvl him or get better gear hehe. We just always make sure we have a character we lvl together so we can talk etc. Some times either one of us will wanna do our own thing and yeah sometimes it ends up with us ignoring each other for a lil while but thats when i get into the conversation he's in and say "hurry it up guys i want my man" they normally just tell him they'll wait for him and i get my attention xD We have the same group of friends online and i know his IRL friends he plays with so sometimes i do end up just saying "i wanna cyber go away" lol They know im messing and they know we're in an LDR so they're all really accommodating and if they arent...well..ohwell lol.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

lol my SO and i are total gamers. Right now he's playing SWTOR which i got him for Christmas. I resisted starting up a character cause im busy with life stuff atm. Mmos eat my life!

Are you not really into the dungeon stuff? What my SO and i do is, he has 2 "mains". 1 main he plays when i aint around and the other he levels with me exclusively. And i do the same....although i sometimes play the characters im playing with him and out lvl him or get better gear hehe. We just always make sure we have a character we lvl together so we can talk etc. Some times either one of us will wanna do our own thing and yeah sometimes it ends up with us ignoring each other for a lil while but thats when i get into the conversation he's in and say "hurry it up guys i want my man" they normally just tell him they'll wait for him and i get my attention xD We have the same group of friends online and i know his IRL friends he plays with so sometimes i do end up just saying "i wanna cyber go away" lol They know im messing and they know we're in an LDR so they're all really accommodating and if they arent...well..ohwell lol.

Comment

I've just been paranoid about dungeoning since i went back. I hate hate hate the elitists and i really hate having to deal with them. I also wasn't entirely feelin WoW when i came back, but i figured it was something we could do together. We were leveling our mains together before we both quit and he went back before me (n didn't tell me) and got way ahead of me. Then would dungeon without me, n without even asking if i wanted to come. Couple of my IRL friends came to WoW n since he wasn't playing wit me a made a new toon to play with them and i invited him to join us but he declined. He doesn't really hang out with the guildies, mostly random dungeon parties. Its just kinda grrrrrr...lol. Its not something i'm really angry about just frustrated.
      "You want for myself
      I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
      I am beautiful with you
      You're here with me
      I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

yeah the elitists are annoying. I just ignore em.

He didnt tell you he went back? Oh i'd have been miffed..if i wanted to play again lol. I hear ya about how its frustrating. Since my last post he's been on SWTOR and has practically ignored me lol...i cant be annoyed though cause im like that but im only here for another 2 weeks! : ( oh well.

I think if i were you i'd tell him it gets frustrating and you'd like it if he took the time out to play together with you. Im gonna tell my man now that i want attention! and i want sleep lol. Im glad though that the SO isnt usually like this...it's cause the game just finished downloading and im sure the gamers on here know what it's like to have a new game hehe. I sure do.

Just a random thing i guess...i never really got into WoW, im more FFXI..well was. Then life took over : ( I cant wait to start playing star wars but ahhh i cant...i cant let myself play that! lol

Comment

yeah the elitists are annoying. I just ignore em.

He didnt tell you he went back? Oh i'd have been miffed..if i wanted to play again lol. I hear ya about how its frustrating. Since my last post he's been on SWTOR and has practically ignored me lol...i cant be annoyed though cause im like that but im only here for another 2 weeks! : ( oh well.

I think if i were you i'd tell him it gets frustrating and you'd like it if he took the time out to play together with you. Im gonna tell my man now that i want attention! and i want sleep lol. Im glad though that the SO isnt usually like this...it's cause the game just finished downloading and im sure the gamers on here know what it's like to have a new game hehe. I sure do.

Just a random thing i guess...i never really got into WoW, im more FFXI..well was. Then life took over : ( I cant wait to start playing star wars but ahhh i cant...i cant let myself play that! lol

Comment

I'm more worried about the game becoming more of a priority than our relationship. If that makes sense. But what my s/o does is always tank the dungeons or lfr, and he always wants to do them together. Have you tried the new heroics together? They are so faceroll its ridiculous. Tell him, you want to spend more time with him in game as well. Btw, I hate elitists, too. But it helps to have other people in guild with you, so there isn't that chance of you getting kicked. Not sure if any of this is helpful.
            https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
            Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

My first LDR was with a guy whose priority was the game we both used to play which is called Shaiya. I can't remember how many arguments we had but the end product was we ended things and I got extremely hurt, so I worked away. He stalked me online for awhile trying to say sorry, and in the end I blocked him completely out because his behaviour was starting to freak me out.

Lesson I learnt? Some guys choose the game over the relationship. Be wary.

Comment

not just guys who would do that.

I have to say when i was younger i was like that lil elitist bitch, i've been playing mmos for over a decade now and omg i used to be sooooooo bad lol. Mean actually and yea i had many arguments with my then bfs.

Just gotta set some rules and both gotta be able to compromise. For us now the game never takes a priority and if it does, it will only for a day or so then its back to normal. Main thing is to talk about it.

Comment

My SO and I play league of legends.. he is more into it than I am. We used to play games together but lately he doesn't really tell me when he's going to play so I end up playing alone or I have to wait for his game to finish. Idk I feel like it's such a dumb thing to be affecting our relationship. ugh

Comment

zapookie! i play LoL too!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will mention it to him. Gaming really shouldn't affect our relationships as a whole, but i think because we are in LDRs we rely on the games as a way to spend time with out SOs. Its like we can't physically be with them but our toons can be together lol! Aside from that, all I have to do is say can we watch Netflix and for the most part he'll say yea absolutely. So the game isn't overtaking his life or running our relationship, just the lack of attention in game sux...lol.

BTW Chibifelicia....I started on XI lol! Tarutaru Whitemage/blm =)
                      "You want for myself
                      I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                      I am beautiful with you
                      You're here with me
                      I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

When my SO and I got together, we decided to level alts together. We were in the same guild, so we had raid nights together too, but he liked to hang out with his former (SUCKY!) guild a lot and yeah, I got irked sometimes. The motto of those guys is bro's over ho's, which really pissed me off. My SO didn't have that attitude, and it's ultimately why they aren't friends anymore. I feel half bad that I came between him and his friends, but half not, because they're asshats. I was never included in what they did because the GM of their guild (SO's wow bff) and I hated each other. (And now MY wow bff is engaged to him...)

I could get pissy in a bad pug. It's hard not to. Which is why it's imo best to get a group with guildies or buddies. I was a well geared tree in a top 3 guild on our server once upon a time, I'm not proud of my lack of patience, but I don't deny that sometimes I had very little.

The game is a great way to have time together if you can make some you two time. And like, make your own chat channel? So even when you're doing your own things you can talk? Maybe you could make groups that just need whatever he is, and invite him along? Take control?

GL! I miss wow sooo much. SO does too.

Comment

I stopped X1 ages back lol.
                          I've always been one to form my own guild...mainly cause im a bossy bitch but meh i made good guilds...if i say so myself hehehhee. My SO and i are pretty straight forward in guilds, we say even if we dont have to that we are a LDR couple and we will make time for each other. Thing is im more of the one that goes off and play with other people because i love lvling with the newbies. Showing them the ropes per say. My SO doesnt find the fun in that but he respects it.

And i hear ya garnet! i hate pugs...like really hate them lol. Although thats kinda how i met my SO...my sister pug'd with him and he just ended up helping her out and he joined my guild.

Comment

>.< my bf loves wow and he got me to play with him around this time last year. It went pretty good in the beginning but then I guess he got tired of waiting for me to level up or I guess get as engrossed in it as he was so he pretty much went off on his own and I got mauled by enough bears to just quit playing and paying for it all together. So I just took the file off my computer. Now he's asking me to play it again. So I downloaded it again but Im not really sure its worth the trouble on my old laptop ....and since he whined until I downloaded it he hasn't asked me to play yet.
                            I dunno, I dont think I've gotten to the point where I really enjoy it for myself

Comment

Great thread! My SO and I play LoL too. Those of us who do should exchange ign's and have a girls night or something...or guys against the girls. I don't play WoW, but I do know that when my SO tries any new game (currently Skyrim) it's as if the game is his world. I told him that although the game will be there forever, I might not be, the game won't laugh with him, hold his hand, etc. He's so much better now and attempts to include me. The other problem we have with leveling with each other is our time zone difference. I'm sleeping while he's up so he just ends up leveling on his own and then gets bored. Anyone take a peek at Eligium? Looks kinda neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X