Breakups and updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakups and updates!

Hi guys! I've been a little quiet lately except for the odd post, but I finally feel okay to give you guys an update on my life now it's been a couple months since my break up!

My super duper awesome and lovely Canadian love and I decided to call things off. Well, technically I did, but he agreed so it was a mutual decision really. I was preparing to move there on a working holiday visa in April 2012 when I started to be really realistic about what it was going to be like. He is in a band, who are pretty famous in the metal scene, and that took up basically *all* his free time. He also was working in an extremely stressful, but well-paid, job that was evening/nights. The reality was, if I moved there, we'd hardly see each other PLUS he is touring and travelling for good chunks of the year. All in all, it was enough to make me decide the distance was, in this situation, sadly enough of a factor to warrant ending the relationship. There were some other things too, but that was the main thing. How sad is that, even after knowing how much distance CAN be overcome just by being on this forum, I am one of the ones who lets it win? Ah well. Sometimes it does. I don't regret making that call despite how bitter it seemed at the time.

We had the most intensely emotional and gut wrenching conversation where we said goodbye. We promised never to cut each other out of our lives, even if we never spoke again. He performed at a big international fest in Texas a couple weeks ago and his fame has increased tremendously, and amongst all this attention, he called me after he was finished on stage. This was the first conversation we had since the breakup and it was so lovely to talk to him again, even if a little sad. He says that despite everything that happened with us, I am the only person he can talk to a lot of the time, and he knows I'll be one of those friends who never gives up on him and he really appreciated that. We've been talking every day since then and he's met a new girl and we talk about her sometimes, and it's actually quite nice to hear him happy and excited about her! I definitely still have feelings for him, as he does for me, but they are only positive ones and they are fading and being replaced with simple affection/friendship ones which is good.

So, even though the relationship is over, I learnt so much from this amazing man, and I think our friendship will last a lot longer than our romance ever did. I like that.

So yep! I am here, and I'm not leaving! Though I think this will be my last LDR, haha! (Unless I meet another lovely international man... wink)

Sorry to hear about this, although you've got a great attitude about it. Glad you're staying

Comment

WHat a great outlook! I wish you all the luck in the world
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I'm sorry it ended that way, but it sounds like things are working out, and you sound very positive which always helps See you around!

Comment

It's awesome to see such a great attitude about all of this. Happy to see you'll be sticking around

Comment

I'm sorry about the breakup but I'm glad that you have a positive attitude and are happy :]

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Sounds like you guys left the door open...

Comment

Wow I wish I could handle break ups like you do. I'm happy for you.
                .We've Closed the Distance.
                no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Yah I agree, I wish I could handle breakups like you. Best of luck!

Comment

Its great that you are staying, and that you two are dealing with this with such maturity! and remaning friends! all the best luck on finding an amazing man that hopefully will be really close to you!

*hugs*
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

You best be sticking around dear! I always LOVE your input. And your ATTITUDE is catching!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Wow. Great illustration that not all breakups have to end terribly. I would say that one is fortunate if a breakup has to happen and there remains mutual respect between both people. Continued well wishes for you

Comment

Haha, I definitely didn't have such a good attitude for the first few weeks, I was a total mess! But I think the fact we ended on a 100% good note made me feel so much better about it all. I HATE feeling regrets and there was absolutely none in this case. Also not talking while the pain was fresh helped. Now we're both a little over it, talking isn't painful, so that's good.

Comment

Wow!! --> that's the first word that came out to my mind.

I must say I'm sorry that you broke up.

BUT I must say that I am amazed with you. You surely have a great heart and it's really seldom to find and to know a person like you who can do what you did!

So, I wish you all the best and great luck too in your life and especially in your love life! Be happy and be strong!
                            Thank you for the positive spirit and actually I have to say your post bring some positive effect about how to overcome with the situation nicely!

Good luck! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                            X