Rubbing off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbing off

My question is...What are some things that your so does that have rubbed off on you?

I'm realizing a lot lately! For one, I make my tea differently now. I always used to microwave my water to make tea. Ever since I went out to see him, I now make it "properly." By boiling it in the kettle.

I also am picking up his little habit of making said tea, and forgetting it until its too cold to bother with anymore. >.<

Another thing of his that I've picked up, is part of his OCD about doing things in order. For him he can't watch a tv show, movie or play a game without knowing he's doing it in the right order. I found myself doing this earlier today when looking for a good video game to play.

I just thought this might be a fun conversation. I don't know if its already been started somewhere else. If so let me know. So what about you guys?!

I floss and use listerine every night. I never did it before (always brushed though!) Now I only do it because he does and I don't want to look like a slob

Comment

I now actually want to cook things occasionally which is a suprise because I used to just microwave everything!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Lol. Cracking my joints is one habit I've picked up. I'm not nearly as bad as him though (yet)... I've also picked up a few words/phrases that he uses a lot. There's more things but I think they're so integrated into how I live now that I don't even realize they came from him.

Comment

I find myself using his brand of hotsauce instead of the one that we used to use. I avoid nuts because he's allergic to them
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I've picked up the habit of saying oh my god too much, and apologising. They're two habits I really have to break

Comment

I began leaving my shoes at the front door and putting on slippers like all Russian families do, and I won't let people come into my apartment with their shoes on. I also make tea the "proper" way by using the kettle instead of microwaving a cup of water. I know this is weird, but in Russia a lot of people burn a match after they go #2 to make the bathroom less smelly, and it is more effective at covering up the smell than flowery air freshener. I do that now too (sorry if TMI, lol). I chew sugarless gum after eating now, and I didn't always used to do that. I take showers at night instead of in the morning. I'm finding that instead of correcting his occasional grammatical mistakes in his English, I don't notice them because talking with him is so natural, and I'm finding that I sometimes find myself talking like him (for example, he'll say, "I feel myself tired" instead of just "I'm tired" which isn't really a "mistake" - just not a typical way of talking in English). I use handkerchiefs now. I used to be able to eat a whole chocolate bar in one day, and now I just keep 1 chocolate bar around, and eat one or two little chunks of it here and there, and it lasts a lot longer. There are a ton of other things I could write but it would take up a lot of room!

Comment

His accent has rubbed off on me a lot. /:

Comment

He usually talks quietly/in a baby voice on the phone with me and now I do the same, although I try not to around my friends they always laugh at me xD I've also picked up eating spicier foods because he loves them so I need to start building a tolerance to the heat.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

hehe... he has an annoying habit of being annoying... should really stop warming to his sense of weird humour n copy that humour to friends... :P

also words n phrases... we take it in turns. he taught me that "mhm" meant that we were angry with each other, then "uhuh". he also taught "yer", but now ive taught him "hehe". HEHE!

Comment

On the top of my head, I got the habit of saying "Ha jo, Klar!" when something unexpected happens, or that seems impossible (like in some movies, haha)
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I think a few phrases that he says have rubbed off on me.. and his laugh. I find myself laughing like him.. its weird LOL. I also took on his eating habits of only really eating chicken when he was here, and then I took it one step further and became a vegetarian.

Comment

I laugh like him now. He has a few different kinds of laughs, depending on how funny something was. But this one particular laugh has completely rubbed off on me. He's got other habits that have rubbed off on me, but I can only seem to think of the laugh at the moment. xD

Comment

The way he speaks for sure. I imitate some of the things he says straight back at him. It's not out of annoyance, I just can't help it sometimes. I think the biggest one is the 'Really though?' comment. Never used to say it. Now we both tease each other non-stop. That's really about all though that I can think of.

Comment

the way i text some things i've adopted. i've tried to pay attention to things more when i cook. there may be more i'm just not realizing

Comment

Working...
                              X