What did you get for the holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you get for the holidays?

Christmas, Yule ( winter solstice ) , Hanukkah, etc.

Sorry if I offend anyone by not adding their holiday, those are just the major winter holidays that I know of.

If I did not add your holiday please feel free to say what you celebrate and how you celebrate it.

Being Wiccan ( new aged pagan ) I do celebrate Yule. ( I didnt really get to this year no candles :/ )
    But being in a family that is mainly Christian I still celebrate Christmas, you know decorating the tree, presents and all that.

Now some who celebrate Yule may give out presents and may not it depends on the person, Personally I still do just because of the Christmas tradition of doing so that I am used to.

ANYWAY sorry for the rant.

I got an I pod touch 4th gen, 8gb. ( my mom and dad )
    A hoody ( my SO's aunt )
    A perfume set. ( my SO's other aunt )

I still have a few gifts to open from my family back home because I spent the holidays with my SO.

Okay so my question is....
    What holiday do you celebrate?
    How do you celebrate it?
    What gifts did you get? ( if you exchange gifts )
    " There is always hope.
    "

I got a pair of shoes, a necklace, and a bracelet from my SO. :x He sent it all the way from Scotland! Other than that I mostly got money, because I really didnt ask for anything .
    Tennessee-->Scotland.

Ashley-Nicole and Michael at my senior prom!

Held each other for the first time on 7/26/12♥
    Met for the second time for my senior prom on 4/30/13

- Ashley-Nicole.[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

https://members.lovingfromadistance....The-loot/page4

Comment

I got a very nice new camera to indulge my photography obsession from the SO's aunt and uncle... and they put his name on it.
        A very expensive food processor and a new set of calphalon cookware from his grandmother. (maybe she's hinting at something, haha)
        A beautiful handmade bath set with like ten bars of different handmade soaps from his parents.
        A weekend getaway from him.

Oh, and a very large bottle of party liquors and some new clothing from me to me.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
        - A. A. Milne

Comment

@13000km

That's for what your SO got you, I'm talking in general not just what your partner got you.
          " There is always hope.
          "

Comment

What holiday do you celebrate?
            I'm Catholic so I celebrate Christmas!

How do you celebrate it?
            These past two years I've spent it with my SO. Both of our families are Catholic so we celebrate the holiday similarly. This year my parents were in Florida and I was in Jersey with my SO and his family. We spent Christmas Eve baking, cooking, and getting ready for Christmas. On Christmas morning, we made french toast, then opened presents, and then attended Mass (church service). We baked and cooked more haha. His extended family came over for a party in the evening. It was a lot of fun.

What gifts did you get?
            From my family: lots of money (yay!), a camera, camera accessories, a laptop, laptop accessories, a new suitcase, bathrobe set, clothing, and other little stuff.
            From his family: clothing, a fancy owl pin, a pair of ballet flats, and slippers.
            From my SO: Clinque Acne Solutions set (I wanted it haha) and a trip to New York City.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I got a stuffed giraffe, a stephen king book, and a personalized cd from my SO and a scarf andglove set from my SO's mom.

What is Yule? I have heard of it before but do not know much about it.

I celebrate Christmas.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We celebrate Christmas

I'm a bit spoiled being a post-Christmas baby

I got an iPhone 4S, horseback riding lessons, beauty & beast figureine, and a DVD (from my SO).
                A new Coach purse (from mother).
                A Louis Vuittion clutch (from friend).
                Coffee maker (from my BBF since 3rd grade).
                Sweater and soap (from SO's parents).

Comment

I got a Pandora Bracelet from my SO, some iPod speakers from my brother and sister, my parents bought me and my SO a trip to london and some tickets for a theatre show and some attractions, i got the Inbetweeners serise box set, some DVD's, a radley Handbag, and some silly little things from people Very good xmas me thinks

Comment

I celebrate Christmas and just the usual. Tree, gifts, spending time with family.
                    From my SO I got 2 new charms for my Pandora bracelet, and a new ring. From my SO's sister I got a Coach coin purse, and from his mother I got a new necklace.
                    sigpic
                    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
                    Second Visit-12.17.11
                    Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

I got a handmade card from my kids, and a tiny dolphin statue from my daughter. Money was very tight this year for me, so I wasn't able to get much gifts for anyone but my kids. I made cookies and sent those to my SO, along with a nice card and a bunch of coupons for stuff (handmade coupons, I mean).

I am still quite upset that I got absolutely nothing from him. Been together almost 2 years and he had hinted that he'd get me the iPad I've been wanting to help teach anatomy. I didn't even get a card or ANYTHING from him. With only one phone call between us that lasted all of a few minutes (he was at work), I haven't been able to tell him how disappointed I was that he couldn't even send a card or a letter or anything. I know he's got money, as he makes a good salary and he often buys things for himself.

This has not been the best of years for me, so I am really trying to figure out what's best. I talked to my friend about the no gift thing and she made me out to feel like I'm being really greedy for being upset about getting nothing from SO. I've been hesitant with how to bring it up to him, if I can't even talk to it with my friend! I wanted to convey to him not that I am greedy, but that I am upset. If me, who is literally broke, can find a way to make gifts, cookies, write a nice love letter and make some coupons to put inside a card...then I would think that a guy who makes quite a nice salary can afford to at least send ME a card/letter/flowers, etc. He was the one who constantly spoke of getting me the iPhone I've been saving for for 5 years, or the iPad he knows I want, etc. I mean he talked it up constantly that I'd be very surprised on Christmas. I was surprised all right!

My kids had a good Xmas so I am happy at least that they got most of what they wanted.

Comment

I got a couple photog books and some baking stuff. I got a new winter jacket and the comfiest slipper boots ever from my SOs parents. I wouldn't have ever given them a second look in the store but I love them.

Comment

Working...
                        X