How I ruined the official proposal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I ruined the official proposal.

EDIT: I was in a bipolar crises and seeing problems where there werent, so for whoever doesnt read the whole thread, im going to edit the first post to show how im feeling now. (being bipolar sucks sometimes). And I didnt ruin it after all.

My SO called me to the living room, and started to play the piano, saying he was trying to learn a new song, and was marry you, marry me, whatever the name is, from bruno mars, i helped him a little with it, all the time pulling up the trousers im wearing, that ecame too large and are falling all the time.

them he asked me to go press a button on a machine he built, that had a heart on it, on that moment i knew what was coming.

we went outside and the button had turned on lights with the words
    Marry me Uila

we got inside and he got on one knee and gave me the ring, a claddagh rind that will be a placeholder for now, but that I love really much!

pictures of the light and link to a video of it on youtube are in some more posts down on this page
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Sweetie....your missing the important bits...

HE PROPOSED!!! YOUR ENGAGED! YOUR GOING TO MARRY THE MAN OF YOUR DREAMS!

And he did it in such a sweet way. He played music for you he...I'm sorry...built a machine? That turned on lights spelling out the proposal?! SOOO sweet!

And he recorded it. Even if it doesnt look like a scene from a movie, you will be able to hear his words asking you to marry him over and over again for the rest of time. That is amazing.

AND...your trousers are too big that can only be a good thing in anyone's book right?

Stop worrying about the little things and focus on how EXCITING it is that you are now engaged!
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Laugh, just LAUGH. Its all you can do, life is hardly ever perfect, and most of the time its a series of comedy errors. I know you feel cheated out of your perfect dream moment, but instead you now have a really funny story to tell your grandkids "So when grandpa proposed to me, I was wearing this pants that were too big....". It should be something to laugh at, heck when HBB and I first kissed it was awful! Worse than awful, terrible! He was so nervous that I had to go in for the kiss and he was so intimidated by my forwardness that he didn't even respond so it was like kissing a unwilling participant. However, now we just laugh about the train wreck that was our first kiss.

The one thing I learned, and I think all people need to learn, is to laugh at life. It makes you a happier person and allows you to enjoy life even when it doesn't go to plan. He tried it sounds, to make it perfect but men are not as romantic minded as us so you cannot expect them to live up to your fantasy. The point is, he tried, he didn't propose to you in McDonalds with a cheap CZ walmart ring, he really tried and that shows he loves you. Now you have the wedding to plan and that you CAN make pretty darn perfect!

Also, POST RING PICS!!!!!

Comment

He clearly put a lot of thought into proposing to you. He learned a new song just for you and built a machine for spell it out. That's unique and special. It'll be a story you can tell your grandchildren.

Nothing in life is perfect. EVER. No matter what anyone says. You should enjoy the positives : You are going to marry the man of your dreams. You two are in love with each other. You get to spend the rest of your lives together, not the negatives.
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I agree with everyone else. I think sometimes we build up things so much in our heads that when the actually moment and time comes we expect something differently than what really happens and that's okay. The two of you are in love, you are going to get married, and have a long and happy life together; that's what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
            Sweetie....your missing the important bits...

HE PROPOSED!!! YOUR ENGAGED! YOUR GOING TO MARRY THE MAN OF YOUR DREAMS!

And he did it in such a sweet way. He played music for you he...I'm sorry...built a machine? That turned on lights spelling out the proposal?! SOOO sweet!

And he recorded it. Even if it doesnt look like a scene from a movie, you will be able to hear his words asking you to marry him over and over again for the rest of time. That is amazing.

AND...your trousers are too big that can only be a good thing in anyone's book right?

Stop worrying about the little things and focus on how EXCITING it is that you are now engaged!
            I deleted the video when i was crying!

When I calmed down I got our wedding rings, got down on one knee and asked him to forgive me (i am bipolar and had gotten into a crises, making me cry and feel like crap and put things out of proportion), and said that I love him, and I mess up sometimes, but I love him and am really lucky to have him there to understand me, and love me back. and i said that he asked, so i was asking as well, as he already knew my answer, if he wanted to marry me. He said yes. we were both crying. we ate some chocolate, watched the lion king and cuddled. now he feel asleep with his arms around me.

I just wanted to say that I see now how i made a drama out of it, but i got into a pretty bad bipolar crises, so i could not realize it wasnt that bad while was freaking out!

we will take a picture of us with the sign tomorrow, to frame and keep as a memory, I have some pictures of it from today, I will post it after.

thank you so much, i really was missing the important thing in here! <3
            our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Jezah View Post
              Laugh, just LAUGH. Its all you can do, life is hardly ever perfect, and most of the time its a series of comedy errors. I know you feel cheated out of your perfect dream moment, but instead you now have a really funny story to tell your grandkids "So when grandpa proposed to me, I was wearing this pants that were too big....". It should be something to laugh at, heck when HBB and I first kissed it was awful! Worse than awful, terrible! He was so nervous that I had to go in for the kiss and he was so intimidated by my forwardness that he didn't even respond so it was like kissing a unwilling participant. However, now we just laugh about the train wreck that was our first kiss.

The one thing I learned, and I think all people need to learn, is to laugh at life. It makes you a happier person and allows you to enjoy life even when it doesn't go to plan. He tried it sounds, to make it perfect but men are not as romantic minded as us so you cannot expect them to live up to your fantasy. The point is, he tried, he didn't propose to you in McDonalds with a cheap CZ walmart ring, he really tried and that shows he loves you. Now you have the wedding to plan and that you CAN make pretty darn perfect!

Also, POST RING PICS!!!!!
              Thank you so much for this comment!!!
              The ring is a provisory ring for now, a claddagh ring that I adore, until he can afford another one, but I love it and will get it resized to keep wearing it even when he gets me the new one!

I will upload pictures now!

Originally posted by Mara View Post
              I agree with everyone else. I think sometimes we build up things so much in our heads that when the actually moment and time comes we expect something differently than what really happens and that's okay. The two of you are in love, you are going to get married, and have a long and happy life together; that's what matters.

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
              He clearly put a lot of thought into proposing to you. He learned a new song just for you and built a machine for spell it out. That's unique and special. It'll be a story you can tell your grandchildren.

Nothing in life is perfect. EVER. No matter what anyone says. You should enjoy the positives : You are going to marry the man of your dreams. You two are in love with each other. You get to spend the rest of your lives together, not the negatives.

You are both right! He did put a lot of thought into it, I am really lucky to have him! We are great right now, and I feel silly for how I felt before. Thank you so much for the sweet words! I can see more clearly now, and the day was saved in the end! <3
              our story.

sigpic

Comment

the button i pressed, that it turned on the lights

it started to blink one word at a time, and after it it blinked all together. i will try to upload a video to show how it is

the ring
                our story.

sigpic

Comment

SO sorry! I dont know how I missed that bit...but you have the photos

My xSO was going to record his proposal but then didnt, we took photos which I later accidentally deleted But it was ok. I still remembered it forever/will remember it forever.

I'm glad your focussing on the great parts now. Its ok to freak out occasionally. Dont beat yourself up about it. *Hugs* and HUGE congratulations!
                  Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_e4...ature=youtu.be

the video of the lights
                    our story.

sigpic

Comment

Even though some things weren't perfect, it was still amazing! I'm so happy for you!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I know how this feels. I didn't envision the proposal I got the way it happened either. I was in my jammies >.>
                        But, eventually I learnt to sse the wonderful things he did for me, rather than my clothes or the fact my family was there and I'd have rathered be alone.
                        Also, it's scary for the guy to ask, even if he knows the answer. It would be hard for him to get the nerve up.. and then have to wait because a chick has the wrong pants on.
                        But the thing is this... he likely thinks you're hot in whatever you're wearing. He probably thinks they were decent clothes! You know how boys can be with fashion.

The button is really cool.
                        I'm glad you's are finally officially engaged.

Most of all:
                        Congratulations!!
                        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
                          SO sorry! I dont know how I missed that bit...but you have the photos

My xSO was going to record his proposal but then didnt, we took photos which I later accidentally deleted But it was ok. I still remembered it forever/will remember it forever.

I'm glad your focussing on the great parts now. Its ok to freak out occasionally. Dont beat yourself up about it. *Hugs* and HUGE congratulations!
                          Thank you so much! *hugs back*

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
                          I know how this feels. I didn't envision the proposal I got the way it happened either. I was in my jammies >.>
                          But, eventually I learnt to sse the wonderful things he did for me, rather than my clothes or the fact my family was there and I'd have rathered be alone.
                          Also, it's scary for the guy to ask, even if he knows the answer. It would be hard for him to get the nerve up.. and then have to wait because a chick has the wrong pants on.
                          But the thing is this... he likely thinks you're hot in whatever you're wearing. He probably thinks they were decent clothes! You know how boys can be with fashion.

The button is really cool.
                          I'm glad you's are finally officially engaged.

Most of all:
                          Congratulations!!
                          Thank you so much! and yes, he probably thought they were good enough clothes! haha

Thank you, after I calmed down from the crises I am realizing how good it was, and how he tried his best to make it really special to me!
                          our story.

sigpic

Comment

When are you getting married?

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I know when HBB reads this, hears how your SO learned a song, played it, made a MACHINE with lights and everything....the poor guy is gonna panic. He will be asking me to marry him within the next few visits and being a man, he feels he needs to compete and make HIS proposal the best he will try and top it. Men are so silly, I am content with a well written speech and a nice restaurant. So be glad your man is the type of man that makes all other men feel like schmucks for not thinking of it first!

Comment

Working...
                              X