Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He leaves in a few and I've never been so emotional or hurt in my entire life

His second visit and I've been crying so much. The past couple of days I've been able to control it reminding myself that it's not the end and he'll be able to come again in April. But I don't even wanna visit anymore. This hurts SO much, I've been crying with him for the past 4 hours and I can't stop. I have so much on my mind I just literally wish there was something called a chill pill. I can't imagine walking in the airport and watching him leave again.
    I really need a therapist.
    And apparently his internet won't be back when he gets home for a few days so I'll only get to talk on the phone with him. My life is so horrible right now and I really need help.
    sigpic
    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
    Second Visit-12.17.11
    Closed the distance-06.20.12

LDRs are never easy. You will get through this. He is worth it. Take this time to make memories with him so you have something to hold on to once he's gone. I've started writing down the happy memories and fun times so that I have something to read and remind me of the good times. That said, it's ok to cry and be upset. Plan to do something you enjoy, just to help get your mind off things a bit once he's gone.

Comment

Just try to take deep breaths and calm down. I think once a person starts crying it's easy to just keep going and going. You'll see him soon. Time will fly by. It always does between visits. I know it hurts, but you'll see him again. Try to take comfort in that. *hugs*

Comment

We all understand the pain of having to separate again and again. You sound a lot like me - I get very anxious about something I'm dreading, even days in advanced. You have to get to a point where you realize that the time you've spent spiraling in anxiety and torturing yourself with the thought of him leaving, you could have spent enjoying time with your SO. We all know how you're feeling. Focus on the next time he's visiting. Start planning for the next visit. Focus on your life and keeping yourself busy until you are able to get in touch with him again. Get together with friends and family. Keep a journal of your thoughts. It's important to make sure you get your thoughts out, whether it be by talking to someone, or through writing. I wouldn't jump to a therapist just yet unless you have the money to, otherwise go for it!
        You could even write letters to your SO. I'm sure he'd love getting them.
        The point is, keep yourself busy. Don't let yourself sit around and mope.
        We're here for you!
        sigpic
        Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
        Our first LDR ~ August 2009
        Closed the distance ~ January 2011
        He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
        Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
        He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
        Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
        Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I know it's hard, but you both need to stop crying and try to make the most of your remaining hours together, because it's the memories you make now that you live on through the periods of separation.
          *hugs*

Comment

: ( im leaving this saturday and prob wont see him again till august (our longest time apart but i need it due to school and work ) and i've been feeling like crap for the last few days. As everyone said try to make some good memories. Crying is ok but you'll see him again soon.

I keep crying when we get in bed and it's such a mood killer lol but i just got to keep telling myself a few months apart ain't bad...well 8 for me...totally sucks! Keep busy! and at least you'll still get to talk to him on the phone xD

Comment

Keep your head up! You will pull through this. It's very tough, but look back at all the wonderful memories you have with your SO.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I know how hard it is to wait to be with the one you love. We all do here, but you know it's worth it and who your waiting for. I have to wait still till march 31st so nearly april too, and it's awhile, but it's not that far away. First month will be hard but then time will fly by and it will be closer! But I think it's okay to hurt and miss your SO. Just shows how much you love and care for them, plus it helps to let it out. I had a cry today just because i missed him and i felt emotionally drained, but now i feel a bit refreshed. It's not easy, and there's no way to stop from missing or hurting, but each day apart brings you one day closer, stay strong!
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

I'm a huge cry baby...and once I start it's near impossible to start. When I'm together with my partner and I feel tears begin to well? I take a REALLY deep breath and remind myself that when we are apart I will KICK myself for spending the time together crying. There is something to be said for some tears while you're together...after all it is a glorious thing to have your SO be able to comfort you when you're sad, but really enjoy those fleeting moments.

Can you maybe make a game of the airport? It always always sucks and I will never ever leave without tears. However, maybe count how many times you turn to see if the other person is looking still? or see how far you can blow kisses and cheesily catch them? etc etc. This too shall pass

Comment

I JUST went through this in the beginning of December. It sucks, I will not lie and say it doesn't....but it does get better and it doesn't take long. A few days you will feel like crying non-stop and feeling sorry for yourself and thats fine. Buy lots of chocolate and junk, watch sappy romance movies and just wallow in it. I say this because I did and after 3 days I suddenly felt better. He will only be gone a few months, and they will fly. Just find things to occupy yourself, get a new hobby or volunteer somewhere, anything to make time fly. I think fighting the tears and the sadness will just prolong it honestly, so be true to your emotions and let yourself grieve (yes it is grief, you are grieving the loss of the life you lived with him however long he was there). Just know it will get better and its like the sun coming up, and you will fall back into the pattern you had before he visited.

Chin up and lots of candy! <3

Comment

Thank you all for your support. I finally dropped him off this morning and I could barely leave him. I'm not crying as bad as I did last time he visited, but I'm really numb and still in lots of pain. I cannot stay in my bedroom though, just walking near it makes me want to curl up and cry my eyes out. I just pray he gets to move here soon, I can't take much more of this. I feel like I need a therapist to survive this.
                      sigpic
                      We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
                      Second Visit-12.17.11
                      Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

If you think a therapist will help go see one. Otherwise, sometimes letting the pain in for a while helps you to let it go. You will make it through this though, it will get easier. I will be in your shoes in a few days though and I'm sure very likely will be feeling the exact same.

Comment

Working...
                        X