Sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick

ugh, i feel so bad, i wish i could just sleep until i was better. i spent the whole day vomiting, wasnt able to eat anything or even to think about food

No, im not pregnant, haha. I feel so bad and so powerless to make this go away.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

I'm sorry! I know how this feels. This is like a once-every-couple-of-months occurrence for me. I usually just just try to keep up on my water intake (since I almost always have diarrhea and vomiting at the same time, I really worry about dehydration). Then when I stop throwing up so much, I drink small sips of Sprite (I let it sit out for a bit so it's not so fizzy). And then lots of plain crackers.

Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

I can sympathise, I've been feeling fluey, in pain and excessively dizzy all day, and all I've wanted to do is go back to bed! Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I remember that happening to me several times when I was younger. I do what mllebamako does - sip on some flat sprite, and nibble on some crackers. Sometimes if I'm feeling a little better and can stomach things a little easier, I have a popsicle. A cold wash cloth always makes me a feel a little better.
        sigpic
        Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
        Our first LDR ~ August 2009
        Closed the distance ~ January 2011
        He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
        Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
        He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
        Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
        Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

get better soon!
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Instead of sprite, I go with Ginger ale. Ginger helps calm your stomach. Or maybe that was just what my mom used to tell me when we were little. I'm so lucky that I hardly ever vomit. Not even the day after a big party.. After surgeries I'm pretty yucky so I always stick with fruit popsicles, ginger ale and saltine crackers.

Feel better soon!

Comment

Ginger does help settle your stomach - ginger ale is one of the best things if you can face it.

Try and keep sipping water. worst thing about stomach bugs is dehydration, so even if its a small sip every 10minutes or so, keep a bottle of water next to you and keep sipping it.

Cold flannel on the back of the next is lovely - helps keep you cool, especially when your actually curled over the loo.
              Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

I am making now a russian food my SO bought at the russian market, i really dont know how it is called, but its what i ate the most last time i was sick, and one of the fw things that didnt make me wanna vomit.
                I will ask him what it is another time. but my SO has been so good to me, I vomited and almost fainted before he arrived, and was feeling really weak! so when he came back he cleaned my vomit (sorry, i know it is disgusting) from the floor, because not even that i had strengh for. i am feeling a little better now, im even a little hungry, so that oughta be a good sign!!!

thank you all for the messages!!!
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

i have strep, and my SO is leaving town today, so i feel your pain! FEEL BETTER!!!!

Comment

Feel better soon! Idk if you're achy at all but I love my heating pad/hot water bottle if I'm achy. Other than that, I sip on sprite too, and attempt to nibble on crackers or something extremely bland.

Comment

Ugh I truly hate being sick. It really does make you appreciate when you are in good health. Drink lots and lots of water and if it's a stomach bug eat lots and lots of rice. I learned and my doctor has told me that rice often absorbs bacteria and will send it out when you go number two. It's also not to hard to throw up...I have acid reflux and it has happened many a times. I hope you feel better soon!
                      .We've Closed the Distance.
                      no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                      i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                      no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                      all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

I haven't had that for yeaaaars but everytime I hear someone has it (like now) I start feeling sick :x
                        Whenever I feel like I'm gonna throw up, I tell myself "I'm not gonna throw up" and I never do xD

Having to throw up is the worst thing I know, honestly. YUCK!

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. I'm just barely getting over a nasty stomach bug and I hope to God I didn't give it to my SO.
                          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                            Instead of sprite, I go with Ginger ale. Ginger helps calm your stomach. Or maybe that was just what my mom used to tell me when we were little.
                            Ginger actually does help calm your stomach, so I'd definitely go with the ginger ale vs the sprite if you can handle the taste (I know some people can't!)

sigpic

Comment

Hope you feel better! I've been sick for the past two days, it sucks!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X