Valentines day plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentines day plans

I realize that valentines day is still a little over a month away, but this will be my first one with (but LD) with my SO. So what do you guys generally do for valentines day? Do you send care packages? If so, what kind of things do you put in them? And I'm sure that there are threads like this, but the only one's I could find are at least a year old, and there are a lot of new people here

Last year we sent packages. He sent me origami roses and I sent him '100 things I love about you' This year I'll be visiting family and get back to my SO on the 15th (secretly hoping he'll have some surprise planned, but i won't get my hopes up) we talked about going out on the weekend so it'd be less busy. Nothing planned really though for this year.
    The first vday we spent together it was in a German spa where we drank cocktails in the pool naked...lol

Comment

While LD we didn't do shit. We're not a cute couple that sends each other stuff and does cute Skype dates. If he got me a stuffed animal, I would give it to the dog. And if I wrote him a poem, he would laugh in my face. We like food and booze way more than "things". In fact, one year while LD I forgot to even send him an email or chat with him. Oops!

Last year we closed the distance on Feb 14, so I decorated my apartment a little and we had dinner and wine. This year, since it's our "anniversary", we're going white water rafting.

I guess my post was of absolutely no use to you.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
        While LD we didn't do shit. We're not a cute couple that sends each other stuff and does cute Skype dates. If he got me a stuffed animal, I would give it to the dog. And if I wrote him a poem, he would laugh in my face. We like food and booze way more than "things". In fact, one year while LD I forgot to even send him an email or chat with him. Oops!

Last year we closed the distance on Feb 14, so I decorated my apartment a little and we had dinner and wine. This year, since it's our "anniversary", we're going white water rafting.

I guess my post was of absolutely no use to you.
        I liked your post anyway, I like hearing the stories. Even if it's nothing romantic I haven't done anything for valentines in years, the ex bf hated the holiday, and I'm not sure this one feels any different, but I like hearing stories anyway.

Comment

My SO and I must be the anti you and your guy, Lucybelle! Although, I don't know how "cute" we are though, there have been moments were I want to stab us in the eye myself. [I'm generally not one for cutesy crap, but there's something about this one, I tell you]

Our very first Valentine's Day, I got my SO cookies. Little cute heart shaped ones as I recall and a video game. Last year, I got him a custom made, personalized journal and wrote an inscription to him in the front. I also got him a nerdy t-shirt and I think again a video game. This year, I'm going to get him a pair of Dre Beats to replace his other pair, maybe I'll send cookies, and most likely a video game. I also always get him a card too.

We were CD our first Valentine's Day, last year I sent him the stuff in the post, and this year I'll probably be sending it in the post again unless he surprises me. I have been thinking half heartedly about sending him something a tad more personal, but I'm kinda like meh.

Comment

We're actually going to be together for this Valentine's day I'll arrive that afternoon and we won't be able to meet until 7pm when he finishes work, so we probably won't go out anywhere but spend it at home. Neither of us is particularly big on VD but we're not against it either, and I don't expect anything grand, maybe a bit extra affection, and flowers would be nice too.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't have anything planned yet, definitely not this early, but I'll probably get flowers and a little something

We weren't together last year but I arrived on the 15th, so we didn't really send each other anything. We exchanged little presents, but then, we exchange them at every visit.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Im into the cutsy romantic stuff lol, my SO probably before me wouldn't make anything out of it or a big deal, but i like having a extra excuse to be lovey dovey. lol i have my man now and im able to celebrate valentines so i want to. The first valentines day we shared i had asked him to send me a letter. This was the first letter he had ever written me, it did come a few days after but it was for v-day, and was the first so it makes that memory special. I still read it all the time, lol seeing his feelings from then and reading letters from now, just to see how his feelings have grown. For our second valentines day he made me this picture collage of my fav pictures of him, i just love that he takes time to do anything for me at all, makes me feel special. So we don't do anything crazy out there or over the top, but i like he makes notice of the day for me. This year valentines falls on our day, so we'll be spending time with each other, but probably wont be doing much. Theres this movie that comes out that day that i soooo want to see!! but were saving it for when he's here so we can actually watch it together in person. So we just do something small but just a extra way to show love.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. We both think it's a superficial holiday. Also, we are both broke students. the most we've ever done to celebrate is say "Happy Valentine's Day. I love you." and watch a movie together. This year, it probably won't be very different. We usually wait until our anniversary (apr 1) to celebrate anything.

Comment

We are both very strongly against spending money on Valentine's Day. We're not falling into that trap! Hahah. I don't think we've ever done anything on Valentine's day, but we don't fall into the "cutesy couple" or romantic category either.

Comment

My SO is one of the ones who are big on V-Day. It's an important day in his country, so they dress up in red and white and just have fun on this day by going out or whatever there is to do. I'll probably dress up myself this year and send him a photo of me on that day. I'll also send him a small gift which will be a "I love you because..." deck of cards and a handwritten letter. As for what we're going to do on that day, I don't know yet. Maybe we're going to have a skype date?

Comment

I'm just going to send him a CD and some baked goods, probably call it an early night and cry myself to sleep. Valentine's Day may be a Hallmark holiday but there's sentiment behind it and really all I've wanted was a good Valentine's Day with a man I love and I've never had it, and won't this year. Next year hopefully

Comment

Last year we were LD so we met on skype and he ate ice cream and I had some chocolate mousse. It was pretty much like any of our other skype sessions but with dessert
                        This year, it's on a school night (we're both teachers), so we'll probably just go out to the park and then dinner.

Comment

Not sure yet! Last year, we were LD, and I sent him a large care package, and he mailed me flowers, a sweet card, and some candy.

It will be our first Valentine's together in two years (and our first since we got married), so I'm hoping we'll do something special and out of the norm for us. That reminds me, though, I need to start figuring out what to get him.
                          My heart belongs to a pilot!
                          ~*~
                          ~*~
                          [/center]

Comment

Me and my SO aren't LD anymore but it will be my first Valentine's day with a boyfriend...period. So I am really excited. His birthday is actually the day before so I have to think of double presents. Yikes!
                            .We've Closed the Distance.
                            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
                            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
                            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
                            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

It will be our first valentines as a married couple! and i have no idea how we will celebrate it! lol

maybe exchange gifts and have a nice meal in a restaurant? or go to the movies... who knows. as long as we can do something together, i dont really mind what it will be!
                              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                              X