Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Distance Relationship? I Wish To Interview You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance Relationship? I Wish To Interview You!

Hi Everyone, My name is Kirby and I'm interested in writing a story about people who are in long distance relationships. This would include a skype/Google+ interview with some questions such as: 1) Why did you decide to be involved in a LDR, 2) What are the challenges of a LDR, 3) Where do you see your LDR going. If anyone is interested, please shoot me a private message or email me Kirbyemory@gmail.com.

Ok, but who do you represent and what are you writing the story for? You didn't say article, or paper, and story gives me the feeling of "made up," though I'm a stickler for words holding brevity towards their intended meaning when someone is asking towards such a matter as an interview.

Comment

Sardonis,

I'm essentially looking to produce a podcast that focuses on people who are in long distance relationships. I hope to be able to interview a variety of couples together, in order to give a realistic picture of what it is like to be in a relationship with someone that lives so far away. The podcast would be posted online, possibly sent to "This American Life" (it is wonderful online podcast, the link is www.thisamericanlife.org). I don't work for any wide-range syndicate, and it may be possible that the largest extend of an audience would be on my blog. But I want to create something that:

Highlights the story everyone has when they decide to enter a long distance relationship, by showing the ups (the long hours of conversation, the hope of being able to close the distance, and the love that drives the LDR) as well as the downs (the time and distance spent apart, skepticism from friends/family about LDR, trying to juggle work, friend, time difference with talking with LDR ) made real through interviews with couple from different stages of LDR: those that are just entering the relationship, those that have been in them for a while, and the couples that have closed the distance. I want to create enjoyable content that helps allay the skepticism met with LDR and shed light on how these relationships work.

So the reason could be that I am interested in LDR's, that I want to tell a story, and I want to hear what people have to say about LDR's from people who are in them.

Best,

Kirby

Comment

sounds like this could be a very interesting story!!!

Comment

Yes, I hope that a podcast can be made about long-distance relationships. I'm however at this point still trying to collect interviews from couples. As of right now, I have some promising leads but nothing conclusive. This story is about the people who are are in relationships, and I want to include relationships of all types. It would be nice to get the perspective of every type of relationship, so I'm reaching out to as many people as I can.

If people feel uncomfortable sharing information that might identify themselves to friends and family, I am more than willing to assign pseudo names (or you could do that yourself). This is your story; a chance to tell people out there about what a long distance relationship is like from the people that are in it. You will be in control of sharing what you would like. If at any point, you feel like certain information may intrude on your privacy of disclosing information that you are not comfortable with, we can omit that question/statement from the interview. However, I just ask that you open up and be honest to your story.

Comment

Sounds good, im willing to take part I'll send you an email

Comment

Kirby -

I just wanted to mention it may be some people aren't replying because they aren't sure whether they can participate or not. You're doing interviews for what sounds to me like an American podcast, so people here in relationships from other than the U.S. may be unsure whether they can be included. If you clarify and are willing to interview people from other countries, you may get a few more nibbles.

Comment

Green Sweater Girl,

Absolutely, thank you for wishing to clarify. I am more than interested in interviewing relationships of all types regardless of location of prospective partners. If anyone would like to be included, please send me an email. To update everyone, I have 2 interviews lined up, and I am looking for more people to talk to. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post or contact me directly.

Best,

Kirby

Comment

Will you accept email interviews? (we're both kind of shy)

Comment

My boyfriend does not like to talk on microphone at alll (he's Russian, shy/worried about being understood, etc), so if e-mail interviews are okay please let me know as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X