Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please!

Hey guys,

Most of you probably don't recognise me as I was only on this site for a short while back in October The story is that my SO was in Thailand working as part of his degree course. However, after he had been out there for three and a half months, terrible flooding meant that he had to be sent home for his own safety. He's now been back home for three months and it's been the best time ever However, a couple of days ago we found out that he's going back on the 3rd February. I am absolutely dreading it, not because I don't want him to go but because I don't want to feel the depression and hurt I felt whilst he was gone the first time. It's only for five months and I am so grateful that I got to spend Xmas and New Year with him, but I just can't help feeling this way. Any advice on how to cope up until/when he goes away?

My best advice is to enjoy the time you're spending together! Don't think about him leaving until you absolutely have to, because then you're just going to be miserable when he's around. Is it possible for you guys to talk, text, skype, etc. while he's in Thailand? Communicating with my SO is the only thing that gets me through the months of not seeing him. Good luck!

sigpic

Comment

Definitely concentrate on the time you have together. I obsessed over how hard it would be when I moved for grad school that I sometimes forgot to enjoy the time together. Also it's human nature to get anxious about being separated and think worst possible scenario. Remember that things are usually better than we think they'll be. I would also suggest taking up a new hobby to get through the tough times. I do yoga which is a wonderful de-stresser for me. It was great to do something new just for me that doesn't remind me of my SO too- that way I don't miss him as much!

Comment

It is only temporary. You were given time together that you didn't expect to so make the best of it and be grateful for it. Day by day is the only way to take it. But just keep reminding yourself that it is only temporary.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice guys, you've really helped me focus on the present rather than on what is coming

Comment

Enjoy the time and memories you have together. Stay busy - keep yourself occupied. It will be okay in the end.
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Working...
            X