Post-visit update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-visit update!

I'm pretty new here but love the website. My first posts were rather excited updates in the visit countdown thread. I touched down on the 23rd and was just immediately filled with joy at the sight of him and thought of closing 1451 miles of distance. I jumped into his arms and we shared a passionate kiss at the airport, it was like something out of a movie but felt so good. I finally got to meet the love of my life and spent an amazing 10 days just cuddling, smiling, laughing and enjoying each other's company. We spent Christmas and New Years together with neither person's family involved. It was quiet, intimate and comfortable. The visit left is both desperately wanting to close the distance ASAP. I'm trying to make plans to move in with him in the next 6 months. Towards the end of the visit we were both pretty ill and spent the last few days in bed taking care of each other. Neither of us seemed to mind though.

Its now been 4 days since I got back and although the immediate post-visit depression has subsided I miss him terribley, even more so than before. What I miss most is the simple presence of his touch. I love feeling his strong arms draped around me as we sleep. He has such a protective grasp, I miss feeling the warm of his breath against my neck and feeling the beat of his heart and the heave of his chest as I rest my head there. (Most of my friends will tell you behind my tomboy exterior is a hopeless romantic trying to get out. ) And its true. I miss just those simple things, his touch, his smell, his voice and the way he looks at me to make me smile. Also going through some major sex withdrawals, going from anytime I want to nothing at all is rough!

I hope everyone had a great holiday with their SO in person or in spirit and I hope this post helps you guys to get to know me a little better!

Finding myself.

Then there's the whole seperate issue of dating an ex-Ranger and an athlete...last night he got in a fight during his game and may have fractured his orbital bone. Thats my man...ugh, now I'm worried and I want to be by his bedside watching over him. I'll have to remember extra kisses for that side of his face when I get there next...

Finding myself.

Comment

That sounds like you had just the most perfect holiday with your SO.That's so great to hear, it seems like a lot of people here only really post about problems that they had during the holidays. And yes, the first few days is so hard. Especially if it's the first or second visit. But don't worry, you'll be back in the groove of things before you know it. Just keep yourself preoccupied until school starts.
      It really sucks when your SO is hurt physically or emotionally but you're so far away. I'm sure he can feel your love and concern.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your SO It is hard to be away from them when they're hurting in any way. You'll get back into the groove of things soon and then time will fly by and you'll be together again before you know it.

Comment

Was this your first visit? Sounds like a pretty near-perfect one! I'm glad you guys had such a great time together.
          My boyfriend and I closed the distance a few days shy of 6 months after our first visit. Hope that's a bit of motivation for you. (:

Comment

It was our first visit. Other than being sick the last few days and the fact that his apartment was a mess everything was good. :P But I felt like I was sure it was going to be good after not being able to live without each other for 8 months.

And were hoping for 6 months from now. After my latest semester at school and this summer. I've got to save up some money, and were trying to plan a visit for him to come see me!

Finding myself.

Comment

Working...
            X