My SO is leaving again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SO is leaving again...

Hello friends, so as some of you may know my SO and myself have closed the distance after a 2 and a half month separation. Now he is leaving to Ottawa for work...at least he is flying with work and not making the drive on his own. But the thing is he could be gone for a week to whenever they say...he is in the air force and has been selected to complete a task...he says it'll probably be no more than a full week. Two weeks tops...I'm just glad it's not longer. I will still miss him the month of December we practically lived together.

At least I have university and I am starting a new job tomorrow to keep me busy. *sigh* I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I hate being left...I would rather be the person leaving. But as he is in the military he will always be leaving me.

I guess I'll just stick with plan - stay busy and talk to you lovely people.
    .We've Closed the Distance.
    no matter where i am, no matter where you are
    i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
    no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
    all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

I know the feeling... my SO has been gone for the past 10 days. We live together AND he took the dog. I wasn't sure when he'd be back. It looks like tomorrow, but maybe tonight. I miss him, and feel like we've gone long distance again, even though logically I know it's only a temporary separation. Funny how quickly all those feelings come back. 1-2 weeks will pass before you know it.

Comment

You know, I've never thought about what it feels like to be the one left behind. I have always been the one that's had to leave. I'll hafta ask my SO about it. I'm always interested to know how it is being in another person's shoes.

Time will go by quickly, especially since you have school and a job. No worries, he'll be back before you know it
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I hate being left behind too. I'll find out what the leaving part is like at the end of February (I hope I get to see him then). Honestly, it's probably going to be easier for me to be left behind than to have to drive away. The distance just doesn't affect him like it does me. He loves being close by, but he's busy enough with school and such that the distance doesn't seem to bother him either (which is actually annoying in some ways, but I am glad he's not mopey like me lol)

Comment

I'm going home for a visit for 4 weeks which is the shortest amount of time we've spent apart but I think it is going to be the hardest. After spending all the time with them and then none at all is a bit of a shock.

Comment

Yeah it's just crazy how all those feelings just come back. But I mean i think it's 'cause I have this anxiety that he'll be leaving again for 2 months - or that I will get a text that says "hey work needs me to stay longer..." etc. It sucks. BUT yes I just started work today and I have a lot of learning to do! Thanks everyone for all your support.
            .We've Closed the Distance.
            no matter where i am, no matter where you are
            i'll be there when it's over baby - cause i was there from the start
            no matter if i'm near - dont matter if you're far
            all you do is pick the phone up baby & i'll be there when you call

Whenever you need me, whenever you want me,

Comment

Originally posted by Ms.Justine View Post
              I guess I'll just stick with plan - stay busy and talk to you lovely people.
              Always a good plan
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
              X