Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposal questions!

Hi everyone,

Me and my SO have a very strong connection and bond, we've been talking a while that he really wants to propose for example when he'll come here the next visit again.

But the thing is we're not sure of our measurements but I took a little string and measured it(not strictly) so I anyway think if he were to buy the ring in that size, it should have guaranty or something to exchange the size if anything?

Then my question is also if you guys think it'd be a much bigger surprise to propose when having a ring as a surprise(we have the same taste!) And I thought of either getting him one also, or else wait untill the propose and buy it together with him and get both our rings engraved!

I just am not sure if it also would be nice to be proposed to and then buy both rings together(we both want one to show our promise or have it symbolized in a way to always be reminded)

But yes I do admit I'd love so much to also be proposed and then a beautiful but simple ring pops out!

It's just that I do think it's best to measure the ringsizes ourselves(should be quite accurate) as I know if going to a jewellery shop it can vary in size measures that are used to buy the ring.Because of our different countries, both use a different counting of the measures or so.

Do whatever you want to do, it's your proposal

Comment

I guessed mine using string at home and I was actually wrong. I grabbed one of the rings I wear all the time and took it in. I was off by one size. And if the measurements need to be changed, can always check an online converter or chart

Comment

Do what will make you and your SO happiest, you can choose how you want all this to go down!

If you do decide not to make the proposal a complete surprise though, I would suggest you do get your ring finger sized by a professional. I actually just did mine this weekend at the local jewelry store and it took all of 2 minutes. You can resize rings but each time you do the band will become weaker, so it's best to get the correct size right off the bat.

Also, there are international ring size converters online as LilyChiba said, and I'm sure you could ask the jeweler's for advice on converting sizes as well.

Comment

None of the methods of measurement I've tried has been helpful for me so far. The measurement I did on my own at home said I was a 9, the jewellers said I was a 7, but a size 7 ring we tried on did not fit, I had to go up to an 8. I still have no idea what my ring size is. /:

Comment

I had my ring size measured at a jewelry shop, and it was exactly right, so I guess there are a lot of differences everywhere...

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advice!I told my SO he can choose what he prefers, to take the 'risk' and surprise, as I measured by string and a ring I had that was too big which was a 20(here atleast) so I'm sure I should be close with my size.And anywho it's mostly about the promise itself, if the ring size is wrong then it can always get resized or else simply just get it together at a jewelleryshop

Comment

Working...
              X