Anyone else have a shy SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have a shy SO?

Basically self explanitory, but for anyone who has a shy SO, are you ok with it? does it make it hard to do certain activities while your together because of it? and if they are really shy, do you do anything to sorta

give them that extra push to let them know its ok to open up a bit? its been hard for me to tell my SO its kind of annoying when shes shy, losing an opportunity to skype one night a couple weeks ago completely

destroyed my mental game because she was too shy to see me. I'm wondering if the next time i meet her, or skype with her, to just let her slowly get more comfortable around me, I mean after all we are boyfriend

and girlfriend. I admit 2 weeks of seeing each other is not enough time to get to know one another, but I've picked up alot of her habits and her nature as a person, and I'm certain we'll be together for a

VERY long time. This is just one of those things we'll have to work on together.

What do you guys think? any thoughts?
    My favorite text message conversation:

Tobby:love ko! what are you doing?
    Nika:learning how to cook love ko.
    Tobby:cooking? please put some in a plastic bag and send some to me so i can taste it! <3
    Nika: weh? your silly! I'm learning how to cook so when we get married, I'll be cooking all your meals love ko. <3
    Tobby:your so sweet.<3 marry me now? hahaha
    Nika: We're still kids love ko, lets wait until we're more mature, but you know my answer will be yes, whenever you ask!
    Tobby:I love you so much! You're the one for me, I'll wait as long as i need to love ko. love you!
    Nika:I love you too! call me Nika Sy now.. hehe
    Tobby: Addict!
    Nika: Addicted! <3

No, but I am actually the shy one in the relationship.

It helps a lot when my SO takes lead. I wouldn't have done a lot of the things I did if it weren't for him. He makes me feel comfortable though.

Maybe you can try making sure that she's okay with the things you ask of her. Don't push her or pressure her. Make her feel comfortable and secure as possible. I think that's the only reason why most people are shy; they are not comfortable or are worried. See if you can compromise a bit if she says she's too shy to do something.

Comment

I'm the shy one

Comment

I'm not shy. But I'm quiet.

Comment

Both my boyfriend and I are shy people, me more than him.. when we first started talking, it took me a long time to feel comfortable on skype.. we didn't become official until after we were very comfortable with each other but that's just us.. My advice to you is.. go slow, don't push her to skype.. maybe you could do voice calls first.. that helped ease me into it.. and every now and then say something about how you'd love to talk/see her on skype.. the main thing is to go at a pace she's comfortable with but encouraging her and showing her you care about her and she should warm up to the idea eventually..

Comment

I thought my SO was shy at certain times, when we are apart but I figure he is just quiet when he's worried.

Comment

I thought my SO was shy at certain times, when we are apart but I figure he is just quiet when he's worried.

Comment

My SO is very shy, not as much with me anymore (but he still is at times), but we've known each other for 3 and a half years. Make sure she is comfortable with you, and sometimes the only way to do that is to give it time. Ask her what she is comfortable with, and what she's not, just ask a lot of questions. Sometimes pushing helps my SO, but usually the pushing results after we've already had a conversation about it and the conclusion was that he'd like to do this or that but is too shy. If she says no though, back off and do something else. Pushing her to the point where she's uncomfortable will likely only make her more shy.

Comment

I'm the shy one, but it depends on the situation -sometimes, I'm the life of the party. He keeps to himself, but isn't necessarily shy.

Comment

My SO is shy but I will say that this causes MANY more problems when it comes to his interactions with my family and friends than it does with our interactions with each other. He's never had a problem with me but even after 2 1/2 years my family and friends are slow to warm to him because he's not at all outgoing or socially comfortable. Just a heads up for what may be ahead.

Comment

My and my SO are both very shy... I am more so however, I think. He has to force me to talk out loud to his friends on webcam, and once he hid in the bathroom when my friends came over. He's had to ask people things for me/ buy things for me several times 'cause I have mini panic attacks when I have to talk to people. We help each other through those times, so I don't really think shyness has ever caused a problem.

Comment

My boyfriend is very shy but after almost 7 months of going together he is not as shy with me.. He getz on webcam on skype and talks too.. But im really shy and I just recently got a webcam and im still trying to use it xD just takes time
                        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

We're both shy about different things. I'm normally shy about trying new things where as I think he's a little more shy meeting new people for the first time but he's definately gotten better and is more outgoing =)

Comment

Working...
                          X