Countdown Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countdown Ideas

The last time we met, I made photo's of myself holding a board with the number of days left. As a little twist, I also took one item of clothing off each day ;-)

What creative ideas do people have for the next countdown? 50 days right now!

We made those paper rings where you intertwine the rings together like a chain and then ripped one off each day closer. You could go a step further and write a little something on each ring.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      We made those paper rings where you intertwine the rings together like a chain and then ripped one off each day closer. You could go a step further and write a little something on each ring.
      oooh i like that; that's an awesome idea!

Comment

oooh i like that; that's an awesome idea!

Comment

i have a wallpaper background for the computer, and its basically white color squares that change to my favorite pic of her each day. for example lets say i meet her in 50 days. on the 1st day all will be white squares, and after one day the first square will be a picture of her, and by 50th day, all of the sqaures will be filled up by her pic

Comment

Those are all super adorable ideas!
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

i love the ideas!

Where can you get a desktop background like that? or do you have to manually do it everyday?

Comment

I did that when we were LD. I made a paper chain and then colored them to look pretty and wrote on each one a reason I was excited to see my SO. It was a bit cheesy and some friends teased me but I thought it was fun and I actually looked forward to ripping up each number. Plus, it was nice to have a visual representation of the countdown on my wall.

Comment

Man! I just mark X's on my calendar!! Those are really cute and creative ideas! =D

Comment

This isnt something I have done, but its something I'm thinking of doing when my SO and I finally have a date for our next visit! Make one oragami star each day with and start filling up a jar. You could write the number of days left on them, and on the strip of paper you could write reasons your excited to see your SO or reasons you love them etc!

It would look pretty on a windowsill or a desk and you could give it as a present to your SO when they arrive! I found this website that shows you how to make them https://www.origami-instructions.com...ucky-star.html
                    Si tu n'etais pas la
                    Comment pourrais-je vivre
                    Je ne connaitrais pas
                    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                    Quand je suis dans tes bras
                    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                    Comment pourrais-je vivre
                    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

There's a website countingdownto.com where you create and share your own personal countdown (right down to seconds!)

Comment

Here is my paper chain countdown that I just made! It's hard to see but some links have little drawings on them like suns and (bad) outlines of florida. and birthday cakes!

Comment

I made two jars, one that says "days since" and the other that says "days 'till" and use marbles to fill the days till I see him again jar!!

Comment

Working...
                          X