No announcement yet.

Is your SO out of work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We both currently don't have jobs. My SO is about a month into his 3 month leave from work to recover from his knee surgery and I'm a full time student. It's definitely hard on our relationship, but mainly just because of the expenses that come along with visits. We're sitting here right now crunching numbers for our upcoming visit as I write this haha. Like many of you have said, my SO doesn't feel right borrowing any money from me which is frustrating but understandable. I just hope everything works out for all of us.

Comment

Yep. It's not the first time I've been the breadwinner and I truly enjoy it, but he's a pain in my arse being home all the time. He likes work and gets bored easily... and when he's bored, he annoys people to keep himself entertained, which strains the relationship because I don't have much of a sense of humour (one of my many flaws). At the moment, him not working and me only working part time is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it gives us the time we need to finalise all the tedious wedding details, and a curse because we can't move out and be independant until one of us goes full time.

Obi puts a lot of effort into job hunting though, it's just the nature of his work (VFX) is unstable (And most recently, the international move thing, right at xmas when everyone stops hiring). He has a job trial at a local cafe today though, he leaves in ten minutes!!! So if you all could be thinking good thoughts we'd sure appreciate it <3
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO is working and I am not, honestly it really doesn't bother either of us all that much. I wish I had a job and sometimes I'm glad that I don't, I could definitely use the money and it would provide for a nice distraction for when my SO is working too but they we'd never be able to talk. I'd go straight from school to work and he'd wake up and go straight to work and he works until late late at night so we'd have no time for each other.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
        X