I Was Accepted But Didn't Have the Reaction I Thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Was Accepted But Didn't Have the Reaction I Thought

Well, I was accepted to the school I wanted to go to in order to close the distance with my boyfriend. I got the call today ... I thought I would be really happy and excited and instead I just broke down and cried. Not tears of joy, tears of terror and panic.

Not what I expected and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because closing the distance is now a real thing. I don't know. I'd just like to be told I'm not a freak.

You're not a freak. It's a huge event, with lots of uncertainty. Give it a few days and see how you're feeling once the shock wears off.

Comment

When I got the email telling me I was going to be living and working in america for a year, I had to the read the thing 3 times before I believed it!! I spent the rest of the day pretty emotional, my mood was completely Up and down! In front of people I was happy and excited, but when I was on my own I just broke down! Honestly, I think alot of the crying was "stress release" from finally getting a placement after months of applications and rejections. I tend to cry after exams etc mostly because its one way of getting rid of all the excess stress associated with revising. When I got my placement I think alot of the emotion was "Whats going to happen to Me and Adam?" "I'm going to miss my family and friends" etc. People tend to find change scary and this is a big change for you. You're not a freak!!
      Si tu n'etais pas la
      Comment pourrais-je vivre
      Je ne connaitrais pas
      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
      Quand je suis dans tes bras
      Mon coeur joyeux se livre
      Comment pourrais-je vivre
      Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
      Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

You are not a freak!!! People react to change differently. You are nervous about what is going to happen really. It's normal to be scared and nervous about the unknown. When i first started my job i was a nervous wreck because i was not sure if this place would be right for me and was wondering if i could handle it. Everything you are feeling now is completely natural.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think your reaction is perfectly normal. As happy as you are to be closing the distance, you will starting a new stage in life and that can be scary. I am sure you will do great, and if I remember right, your mom is very supportive of you in this, so let her be there for you through the final steps here and the transition there. I'm sure it will be wonderful to be close to your bf too, so think about the happy things, try not to stress to much over the changes, and enjoy this next stage

Comment

I think you guys might have be right, especially about the stress release. I had a lot riding on getting into this school or not. I guess now, with this school acceptance the fact that I'm moving is REAL not abstract and then I just had a flood of emotions that came with that.

Thank you guys for telling me I'm not a freak. I know my boyfriend is going to call me all excited, but I think I need until tomorrow to be excited, I need more time to process this all.

Comment

You are not a freak! It's a big life changing event that is going to be happening and it's going to be a different experience for you. It'll be scary and stressful, but it will also be wonderful, too! Once the initial shock wears off, I'm sure you'll be excited.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Not a freak, you're just shocked Give it a bit and let it sink in!

Comment

I vote not a freak too. I went through the happy one second to crying the next at certain points of the process of closing the distance because of various reasons.

Comment

when I built up lots of expectation around something, and it happens, i cry, not tears of joy either, because I get nervous and scared!
                    so to quote harry potter here: "Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am."
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I think that is a completely normal response. There is a HUGE amount of change that will coming with moving. You leave your home ad family and attend a school that you are not used to. That is entirely normal. You will get to have your SO closer but it is still a huge change. Try not to make to much out of it than needed right now. Breathe and embrace the change!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the school!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

This is a big, scary change for you. Relax!

and--

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I feel a little bit better about it today, I think I was just totally overwhelmed by everything. We all know how stressful a LDR is and I've been under a ton of personal stress too, I really think it was just all too much to handle and now with being accepted to the university yesterday my cup just overflowed and I was crying over spilled milk.

I've realized it is a really hard and scary adjustment to me, I really have a hard time dealing with change, and I'm terrified I'm going to fail (not my relationship, but school).

I am happy that this is happening and the pieces are falling into place. I just think that as I watch the time close to when I have to leave I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with everything. I know I'll be ok, I know this is what I want and I do know I'll be happy about it, I just have to let it sink in.

Thank you guys for the support.

Comment

Working...
                          X