Soulmates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soulmates?

How many people here believe in soulmates? Just a random question, but I thought it would be interesting to find the answer.

For me, I honestly used to believe in the theory that there was that one perfect somebody for everyone. Though, over time and from life experiences, I've stopped believing in them. I just find it hard to believe that, out of the 6.8 billion people on earth, that there's really not several people that you could truly love and live quite a happy life together.

Just something I thought I'd share. Not trying to change anyone's thinking or start any arguments.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?
    1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
    Progress: 3/26
    Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
    Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

I do believe in soulmates. I believe that there is one person that God created to be our perfect fit. Do I think we always find them? No. Do I think there are many near-perfect matches? Yes.

I don't know if my boyfriend is my soulmate, I don't really think you can be sure, but I think he is at least a near-perfect match!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Yeah, I'm not into that either. Or "the One" or whatever.

I do believe however that the Gods can want you to be with a certain person, that there are things out there greater than ourselves that influence relationships... but to think there's only one person in the whole world that I could be happy with and fulfilled by? No.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I call my SO my soulmate sometimes in passing. Do I believe in the concept of soul mates though? Not quite sure. I don't think that there is only one person on the earth that I could get along with and love for the rest of my life. There has to be more. Think of all the different personalities people have and even though no two people are the same, many are quite similar.

My SO, I feel, is one of those that I get along with and will love forever. The chances of us even finding each other were slim, but we somehow did and I guess it was fate/destiny/whatever you want to call it, that brought us together (which kinda blows my mind sometimes).

I feel that he is my soul mate, not in the sense that he is the only one, but in the sense that our souls are linked together by some intergalactic force that enables us to feel each other no matter where in the world we are.

Right now, he is my souls mate. That's all there is to it

Comment

Do i belive in it? I am unsure. There are millions of people on this planet and just one is supposed to be "the one"? Sounds a little strange to me. It could be true, I will never know. But i do believe that everything we do, everything that happens and that everyone that comes across our lives all happens for a reason.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I come from the opposite direction. Up until a year ago or so, I thought the idea that there was one person out there for everyone was beyond stupid. If there were 7 billion people on the planet, surely you could feel totally fulfilled with more than one of them.

But having met my lovely boyfriend, I think there may be something to the whole "soulmate" thing now. I literally can't imagine how we could suit each other more. I've actually sat down and tried to think how he could be any better for me and I can't. I've loved other people before but I've always felt we could have been more compatible and that if we broke up, there were more people out there for me. That's not to say my boyfriend's perfect, but I think he is everything I need I want, and from what I gather, he feels the same.

I also tend to view everything from what most people in my life have described as "too rational and too logical a standpoint", so the fact that I'm even open to the idea that "soulmates" is an actual thing speaks volumes to me about how perfect for me my boyfriend really is. And I think perfect is how you generally describe a soulmate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
              I call my SO my soulmate sometimes in passing. Do I believe in the concept of soul mates though? Not quite sure. I don't think that there is only one person on the earth that I could get along with and love for the rest of my life. There has to be more. Think of all the different personalities people have and even though no two people are the same, many are quite similar.

My SO, I feel, is one of those that I get along with and will love forever. The chances of us even finding each other were slim, but we somehow did and I guess it was fate/destiny/whatever you want to call it, that brought us together (which kinda blows my mind sometimes).

I feel that he is my soul mate, not in the sense that he is the only one, but in the sense that our souls are linked together by some intergalactic force that enables us to feel each other no matter where in the world we are.

Right now, he is my souls mate. That's all there is to it
              I also call my SO my soulmate in passing, even though I don't think there is a way of knowing that he's my soulmate. I'm happy and that's good enough for me.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Soulmates? No. No one is going to be perfect for you. You're not going to be magically happy together because you were "made" ONLY for one another. And if you expect your SO to be "the one" and be 100% perfect, you're going to be very disappointed. /:

Comment

I don't believe in the literal concept of "soulmate" but I do believe there are instances where you meet somebody and you have an intense, unexplained connection. Inexplicable understanding of each other. The feelings may fade, but you never truly "get over" them if they leave your life. That is rare to find, and some people never find it. That's what I consider to be a soulmate, though of course there could be any number of people you find that with.

Comment

I'm really not sure. I use to completely believe in the concept that there is one person that you are fated to be with and is like the perfect puzzle piece. This ideal for me kinda goes hand-in-hand with Christian religions. At least, in my experience it has. Anyway, I don't think there's any straightforward verse that says He makes one person in mind for you, so I don't know. I'd like to believe that there is that person that is made to be with you. I'm just that Disney princess type of person lol.
                    On the other hand, there's so many people out there, like OP said, there's so many people out there...
                    Anyway, I still lean toward "soulmate", but eh.
                    All I know is, I love my SO and he loves me. As of right now, I say we're meant to be because I see no other reason to think otherwise. But if things don't go as planned and we grow apart, that's fine. There is a purpose for every person in that plays an active role in your life, I do believe that for sure.
                    sigpic
                    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

yeah i believe in soulmates.
                      Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
                        I don't believe in the literal concept of "soulmate" but I do believe there are instances where you meet somebody and you have an intense, unexplained connection. Inexplicable understanding of each other. The feelings may fade, but you never truly "get over" them if they leave your life. That is rare to find, and some people never find it. That's what I consider to be a soulmate, though of course there could be any number of people you find that with.
                        This! And sometimes they come into your life, but aren't your SO. *nods*

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                          This! And sometimes they come into your life, but aren't your SO. *nods*
                          Yes! My friend has this sort of connection with her mother. Sure I love my mum, but what they have is a very special mother-daughter bond.

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                            I do believe in soulmates. I believe that there is one person that God created to be our perfect fit. Do I think we always find them? No. Do I think there are many near-perfect matches? Yes.

I don't know if my boyfriend is my soulmate, I don't really think you can be sure, but I think he is at least a near-perfect match!
                            I agree with you, except I donīt think there are MANY near-perfect matches, but a handful of them over the world? yes.

And about my SO, I agree you can never say if the person is your soul-mate or not, I just know I love him more than I ever thought possible, I want and will spend all my life with him, and he wants and will spend all his life with me! and loves me so very much as well.

So, in the case he isnīt my soul-mate, he is as close to it as it can get.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
                            I read a book about soul mates some time ago, and it said something like this, that we all have a number of soul mates, I think it was 7 or 9, it has been many years since I read the book, so I dont remember exactly. but it said our soul mates have different parts, there are ones destines only to be our friends, a number of them in our family, and some that could be either partners/lovers or really good friends. I am lucky enough to have found a number of soul mates in my life, among friends. I think 3 of them, even though one isnt that close friend of mine anymore, but we will never forget the beautiful incredible relationship we had together. but we are starting to get some contact back.
                            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Honestly? I think it's possible to find "the one", because it's what happened to my parents. My dad had a lot of grief from his family and friends before he met my mum, and he was really down on his luck. He was suffering from severe depression and he was really struggling. When he met my mum however, it was the best possible thing he could have ever had happen to him in his life. She raised his spirits up and brought him back. Later on they got married and they've never been happier. They were honestly perfect for each other. My mum was the "one" for my dad, as he was for her.

Unfortunately, it doesn't happen for everyone. I just think you have to be in the right place at the right time and have a great amount of luck lol. I think it's possible to find your soulmate or "the one", but it just doesn't always happen for everybody.

Comment

Working...
                              X