Turning Lemons into Lemonade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning Lemons into Lemonade

Here in CR you come in on a tourist visa which lasts 90 days. It can be renewed by leaving the country (if only just to have a coffee at the border) and them coming back in. My visa is going to expire just a few weeks before I'll be able to turn in my residency package which means I won't have to leave anymore. I was kind of pissed about having to leave. I was doing all sorts of things to try to figure out how to stay for just those few weeks extra. But in the end, I think it's best that I stick with the 90 day rule.

The plan was for me to go to Nicaragua, as usual. It's a 9 hour bus ride to a country that's so effing hot I never want to leave the hostel. Not saying Nicaragua isn't beautiful, it certainly is and I love it, but it's sooooooo hot!! So I wasn't looking forward to it, but I planned on making the most of the trip. Until one of my friends suggested I go visit him in Miami!

San Jose to Miami in a plane is only 3-4 hours. You can find round trip tickets for as low as $100. It is stupid easy to get to! (although maybe just as hot as Nicaragua...) Now I'm kind of siked! I didn't find a super cheap ticket, it being last minute and all, but I think I'll make my border run to Miami next Thursday! Just gotta get in contact with the SO before I buy my tickets. My mom might come down to visit too.

I'M SIKED!!!

That will be a nice change! Have fun

Comment

Bought my ticket. OO OO!

Comment

Sounds fun!! Enjoy

That visa rule seems so silly (having to leave and come back in, even if it's only an hour later). But then again it kind of forces you to go on little getaway vacations, so that's kind of cool

Comment

That's cool, I hope you have a great time! (:

Comment

Have a great trip!

Comment

I hope you have a great time! That's really good news

Comment

Have a nice trip! That's a good way to spend the time.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

That sounds like it'll be fun! Be glad that you don't have to deal with cold and rainy Connecticut haha. I hope you have a great trip and congrats on almost being a full time Costa Rica resident!

Comment

Have a great time lucybelle!

Comment

Oooooohh yeah, hope you have an awesome time!

Comment

Thanks guys! My mom is going to be flying down for one day too! This is going to be such a party

Comment

Too bad it's not to Orlando - I'd be able to pop over and have a drink with you But that's pretty exciting and sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

have a nice trip!!!
                            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Now my mom's husband is coming too!!!!

PARRRRRR TAAAAYYYY!

Comment

Working...
                              X