No announcement yet.

Who is smarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is very clever, but a bit flighty. I have more common sense. :-)

Comment

My SO is a genius. He got the second highest mark on his leaving cert (which is kind of like the SATs from what I've been told haha) in the entire country, graduated first in his class from a very difficult university program, has passed all of his qualifying actuary exams on the first attempt, and he's still modest and thinks he's just been lucky!! I feel like I'd sound arrogant if I said that he and I are on the same level intellectually, but I'm smart in different ways. He's great with math and has amazing study skills so that he always aces things... I'm the sort of person that I learn anything quickly and understand it well enough to teach other people, but I can't study and did terribly on my uni exams as a result.

As far as being clever and handy for fixing things, I've definitely got him beat there. I have fixed his computer, his xbox, figured out why the cable box wasn't connecting properly to the tv, etc etc. I also like to take time to teach myself things, and I go crazy if I'm not constantly learning something. Or at the very least, reading a lot of Farside comics... that no one else I know seems to get!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
      Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I never knew how smart he was until i google his name and found out that he was one of the team member who won one of Standford Univ science project and he had work with USA govt for sometimes while he was there.

First time we met he just said he "just IT guy" so in my mind he just an IT service that you call when your laptop or PC not working well. I was totally wrong. He and his family is a physics scientist. He read books about Einstein before go to bed, there are more books than clothes at his bedroom and i was amazed every time he sat there and working on computer... just like sync and its just for him.

Me, on the other hand, i am smart. I know some things that he doesnt know hehe.. like how to book cheap flights and how to survive in jungle

I might can't beat him in science and language, as he could speak more than 4 languages.... and now understand some indonesian words *duh* but he often said i am smarter (just because i know simple things that he sometimes doesn't know!)

Comment

We are both really smart, just in different ways. He is a computer science engineer, works at a big tech company, is super logical about things, and just knows a lot about how things work. However, I am in nursing, and understand people really well. I am creative, and love languages, writing, and the arts. We both have different interests but it's great because we can teach each other what we know. i love it (:

Comment

I'd say we're equal.

In the end I may a few more letters behind and in front of my name but that's simply because of differing career interests not intelligence.

Comment

He's much smarter. I'm pretty intelligent, but not only is my SO getting a doctorate in computer science, he's an avid history buff with incredible recall, plays the piano and the guitar beautifully, and picks up languages in no time flat. However, he's the type to diligently devote himself to something he's interested in until he perfects it, while I get easily frustrated with things that don't come naturally to me. One of the best compliments he ever gave me was that I was "more knowledgable than 90% of the people he knows," where the majority of his peers are computer geniuses.

Comment

I don't think I've met many people who are more intelligent than my SO; it never fails to amaze me how much learning and academic achievement he's managed to cram into the years he's lived. I really do admire him

Comment

Both smart, just different types of smart. I think he might be smarter but he fails to see it. He is the cultured one and knows a lot about the arty stuff, as well as literature, history and biology. He says he is bad for maths but he is not, I've proved it because he can answer stuff that usually needs a formula and he can do it without it and do it actually fast, but since his friends are engineers and he's an artist, he feels like a math loser. Also with me having a history of participating in state-level math and physics contests. It usually appears like I am smarter because I receive awards because of my grades but I am of those who believe that grades do not really tell how intelligent you are. Still he graduated with honors from international baccalaureate, which is supposed to be REALLY hard. He said it is overrated and he showed his grade to nobody but me, (and only because I insisted), so many think he got a bad grade when it was actually way above the average.

...he needs to feels smarter... he is.

Although I am way smarter when it comes to spending money. That man needs lessons on it for real! :P

Comment

Smart or less stupid :P hahaha no just kidding. I think we are both equally smart but definitley in different ways! He knows more about cars, I know more about horses.. That kind off stuff
                    \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                    \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                    \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

The ex is/was more wise. Part of it might come from being five years older than me, but on the other hand part of it might just be him-he's very level headed, and generally has good judgement. He's also very dedicated to what he does, and works hard, consistently.

I'm more...intelligent? I learn new things easier-memorize faster, and it generally baffles me when either he or other friends say that they have to repeatedly study X for 33523 hrs in order to understand X. Concepts make sense to me like pictures in my head, should I just put the time to understanding them, which is often less time than many other people. However, being gifted with a quicker brain leads me to laziness, and I'll often end up like Shikamaru from Naruto, if you understand my reference. If not-he's a lazy strategist who can, if he puts his mind to it, come up with intricate plans in the blink of an eye, but usually spends time lounging around staring at nothing.

Comment

My babe is smarter in math and I'm smarter with writing ...poetry.

Comment

I don't know. I guess I'm more book-smart, but he has more common sense. Although I can surprise him sometimes
                          He definitely picks up new things faster than me. His spatial awareness is also superb and mine is non-existent. But I have a broader set of interests, and I think I'm a bit better at abstract thinking. I have a shorter attention span as well and lose interest rather quickly. He's a lot more creative, especially visually. But I read people better. I think generally speaking, he's more talented, but I'm more flexible and open to new things.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

We are equally smart!

I always loved even when we were friends that he and I could discuss space theories, Ancient Egypt, Mars and other topics of interest. I had never been with anyone who would discuss such topics. I will never forget the first time I met him. I went up to him and took his hat off and he had crazy hair like the guy from the Ancient Aliens show. I said something about it and we instantly clicked as friends.

We were great friends before were were lovers and I really think that has helped. It is weird that I was in another relationship when we met but I never looked at my current SO as anything other than a friend when we met. I did always like that he was smart and we could talk for hours about various topics. I love the fact we can have discussions and debates on topics like religion and politics and he knows what he is talking about. I read alot of those topics but I dont know many people who discuss them so it's nice to have someone who does. His intelligence is one of the things that attracted me to him. I need someone with intelligence since I am nothing but a book work and love to discuss topics that aren't of the norm. He can do all that. We have sat there and talked about black holes and different space theories. I love it....He is my other half and I wouldn't want him to be any other way.

So we are equal in smarts but I think he slightly smarter than me

Comment

mum well he always say I'm about the only person he ever met who is smarter than him, but considering some of my decisions I doubt that haha
                              and anyway, even if I was, it could only be by a very slight difference, he definitely makes up for it in experience in wiseness, seeing as he is 12 years older than me

Comment

Working...
                              X