I am totally new to this LDR thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am totally new to this LDR thing.

Ok Theres this guy in my life that I have been seeing and I have taken a fancy to him. Hes 8 years older than me-Im 32 and has treated me way better then others have. I seriously dont know how to handle it because Im not use to the compliments he's been given me. He has even professed his love to my mother. He lives about 60-70 miles away from me so we dont get to see each other as often as we should.

Hes a college student whos going to be finished next semester so hes take classes right now. And hes playwriting and acting as well. I am also a college student who will be done in May. I am a psychology major who has to put in extra work with people who deal with learning disabilities just so i can get grades good enough for grad school. I also have mandatory appointments during the week and I am a special needs tutor at the school and my hours are going up.

It was nice while we were on break. When we didnt see each other, we were constantly online with each other. Now it's hard to get him online but he does post lil love notes to me on my fb book wall once. It severely depresses me because hes the only one who is tuned into my frequency seriously and I see all these couples at school doteing on each other and I so desire to have this. Im sure ya all know what Im talking about. When you do ANYTHING just to be able to touch your SO.

And then we had a little bit of a tiff today. He was supposed to come visit me today but could because the roads were bad-I live in Michigan so its legit. And then I was trying to figure out when we could see each other and its basically not going to be for ATLEAST another two weeks. This depressed me to no avail.

Then my emotional mind got to thinking. Ive had this happen before when someone was too coward to break up with me so Im wondering is he feeding me a line? So I talked to him and asked if he thought the LDR would work out and he said yes of course with patience. I then asked him if he thinks were moving a little to fast and he assured me it was just the course of things and the crappy weather. I absolutely hate being a paranoid person so I had to ask.

I dont know how to handle this. I have never been in an LDR before. Ive been reading about all the good ideas but I dont want to smother him and I dont know if he would reciprocate. I dont know if I theres anything I can do or should I let him come to me. Im confused

Every relationship is different. This is something I'm learning too. My SO tends to tell me that I'm just going to have to trust, and I've known him for years, so that really shouldn't be an issue. He just has to remind me when I freak out because he does something a past partner did. I know what you mean about wanting more lovey dovey stuff, my SO isn't like that at all, he's great in person, but phone and online is another story. I write down the stuff he says (or keep the occasional text) that is cute so when I'm feeling down I can read those and remember that he does care. As far as having to wait another 2 weeks, just keep busy, plan things, do things you like, try not to sit at home and mope (it makes the time go slower). 2 weeks will fly by and you'll be in his arms again. Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thanks..Its a bummer. I dont trust well, so i have to learn to do that. And I have to put myself in his shoes..Would I put off things that better my future career in order to have more time with him? I dont know if I could do that, because working on individual goals works towards a better future for us both

Comment

Working...
      X