Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposing in the airport?

Hi everyone!

Me and my SO have been together for some time, we both talked that this next visit(not that long anymore!)
    That we want to get engaged, buy the rings together and he'll propose when he finds the right timing/moment for it.

Now for a change, which I'll mention to my SO-I also want to propose to him.(we both will wear a ring, not just me)

I've been thinking about if it is possible when you contact an airport, that they can make a message appear where the flights appear on or the departures?It should be possible?

Else I can think of another 'plan'.

Or to keep it simple and easy I could also just create a beautiful photobook and at the end ask the question(of course with a little text or more speaking my heart out to him)

Hmmm...I highly doubt any airport would change their departure board (or any other official board) for you. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to ask but I think you should definitely have a back up plan

Comment

All you can do is ask, but yeah, a back up plan is important. I think the book idea is cute though

Comment

Thank you for the sweet responses.

I'll definitely think of some back up plan but I simply thought of the idea as I know sometimes at a football match or so they change the scoreboard etc.

But yes the book idea definitely would be sweet also with a little text how you've met, about how the love grew even more by time and then the important question at the end, it'll always be a memory that way.And it is something unique but simple and personal also.

Comment

You know these signs that people sometimes have at the airport? To pick someone up? With conference titles, hotels or last names on them?

I told my boyfriend that I wanted to get a sign like that jokingly. The next time I arrived he had this huge pink sign saying "My beloved Dziubka" It was so cute. If he's the one visiting you could get a sign like that and ask him to marry you. I think that would be a really cute idea.

Or maybe ask if you could use their microphones and ask him through that?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Ohh!Thank you for those ideas, that really also seem so sweet to do.Especially the sign.I've been thinking of that, or in some occassion(also the airport)wear a t-shirt that says 'Will you marry me?' anything like that also would work.The microphone idea could be a better option incase they don't allow to make it show on the board.

And yes he is indeed the one visiting.

Comment

Oooh! I've actually seen an engagement at an airport (Tweed in New Haven, CT) and it was the cutest thing ever. The guy did what Dziubka suggested, with the board and it said "Will you marry me?" and the girl started crying. So sweet, everyone stopped and clapped for them. I definitely think your ideas are very romantic. Maybe you two will surprise each other and try to propose at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by Brieasaurus View Post
                Oooh! I've actually seen an engagement at an airport (Tweed in New Haven, CT) and it was the cutest thing ever. The guy did what Dziubka suggested, with the board and it said "Will you marry me?" and the girl started crying. So sweet, everyone stopped and clapped for them. I definitely think your ideas are very romantic. Maybe you two will surprise each other and try to propose at the same time!
                Oh my goodness. That sounds beautiful and perfect for LDRs. I would cry.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I love so much the idea of the sign!I should try and find a proper signboard or use my creativity.The book idea I have is running through my thoughts also tho.

Comment

Hahaa, I've done the sign thing to my SO before xD Nothing to do with proposal or anything though, I was waiting for him at the airport and when he came through the doors, I lifted this piece of cardboard up that said "MY LOVE" haha. And when he got closer to me, I turned the sign around and it said "Thank you for making me whole again ♥". He seemed happy about it and it was pretty funny

But yeah, I don't think the airport would go as far as changing the departure table for you, but I think the sign is a pretty cute idea. Maybe you could have like "My sweet *SO's name here*" on one side and then flip it around and it'd say "Will you marry me?" or something on the other side x)

Gosh, that would be an awesomeeee way to be proposed ♥ Would be perfect for LDR couples to do it at the airport, wouldn't it..

Comment

Working...
                    X