PTSD and a Relationship, Our Biggest Fight Yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
    I'm glad that you've taken the past abuse not as an excuse to be miserable and angry at the world but rather an opportunity to teach the world.
    I think the book sounds like an excellent idea.
    Abuse effects everyone different, I'm what they now call "The Resilient Child". It's just because I've been in therapy for so long.
    I don't see the point in being angry at the world over what happened to me, nor do I dwell on it. I make a choice to be happy and usually I am. I can't change what happened, and like I said in my email to my boyfriend, I refuse to discredit the good times I had with my father because they were there and they were real.

I'm thankful I can connect to people because of it, I'm glad I can understand those in need of that support. I try to look forward, not back and I think anger in general is a waste of energy. Then again, my therapist says that's not healthy lol, so who knows.

In general, I'm pretty proud of how I turned out given what I've been through and just want to help others who have been through similar events. Even if it's just giving them a hug when they feel alone.

Comment

Working...
    X