SO looking at colleges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO looking at colleges.

So I'm a sophomore at a university in my hometown and my SO lives in oregon. He wants to go to school to be an electrician and he had a job lined up in california and all he would have to do is go to school and he would be good to go. I was really looking forward to having him here, he's been planning on going to school in CA close to me sometime this year or next. Clearly, I was super stoked. We were just texting and he said he and his mom are looking into the one in Idaho. I know "looking" isn't set in stone but I can't imagine being even farther away for no known amount of time. It's already hard enough with me never being able to visit because of my parents. I haven't responded. I don't really know what to say, obviously I'm super happy he's deciding to go back to school and has a plan but I can't help but be bummed he's looking into schools further away. I don't want to hinder him from making important life decisions because I can't predict the future and he needs to ultimately do whats best for him. But JDFHDSUFHDSFUDFSD god damn, can anything in life ever just be easy for once? Everything always has to be more difficult. I am crazy about him, I just want us to be able to be a CD couple. Even if he did go to school in CA, the closest option would be two hours away but that's so much better than the nine hours away we are right now. I'm just frustrated. This year is not going well already and I'm depressed and frustrated and I just want him here. I miss him so damn much. Also, why Idaho?! There is a campus location in California. This is going to frustrate the hell out of me. I don't know if I can do LD if we don't have plans to be close to each other. I mean, when I graduate I can locate to where ever he is but that's two and a half years. So far away How do you guys do with far away closing the distance plans? Sorry this was like an essay, I just had to get it out.

You need to talk to him about this mate, I know that's hard and everything, but it's important.

For us, closing the distance went from impossible to very soon in the space of a week. Once we met in real life and I figured out Canada isn't so far away after all, we made a plan and stuck to it. I don't know how people continue on in a relationship when the future is unplanned, but lot of people make it work Have heart at that. It's doable!

But really, talk to him. Ask him why Idaho. There are solutions to almost every problem. Not always good ones, but solutions none the less.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
    X