Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Mraz's "Won't Give Up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdN5GyTl8K0
    I highly recommend listening to this song or sharing it with your SO.

Recently, I moved further from my SO (both in miles and time zones) to attend medical school. A couple changes in my SO's life in combination with my new situation had our relationship on a bit rocky. It wasn't that the love was absent, it was increasingly harder to find the energy, time, and right words to express ourselves during the day. (Another issue was that I don't have a Blackberry to BBM which was our main communication source for the last year since it avoided international rates.) A couple late night disagreements throughout the last 2 weeks brought up the discussion of whether or not our relationship was going to survive the strains we are putting on it. Things resolved themselves nicely and we don't look back on the discussion as a weak spot in our relationship. We've had several conversations about if this is working in the last year and we're still together so we do grow from each. Last night, as I was taking a break from my studies, I stumbled on this song and shared it with my SO. He loved it and tried to respond with a song about how he feels (he sent 2 and they made me smile when I woke up to them this morning). Sending songs isn't anything we've done before and we really don't have a "song" besides, maybe, Hedley's "The Sweater Song" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-ciK7ATWE. The song captures what, I believe, is very common in LDRs. Moments of doubt about making it work arise whether you live across town or across the world and I am sure you will love this song if you're a fighter like me.

Please share any songs you use to give you strength when things get on the rocks with your LDR.

awww thanks! that was great (: i personally love "Hold On" by Michael Buble' (:

Comment

"More Than Words" by Extreme, excellent song to express how much you love your SO. i sent my girlfriend the song and we both cried at how much it resembled our love for each other. there's so much energy in the song and there's never a dry eye when i listen to it, thinking about her

my SO had her worries about our LDR too, thinking that we would never be able to meet, and it just made my heart sad knowing she was so down in the dumps. so i sent her "Patience" by Guns 'n Roses to really say that all this relationship needs is patience and we'll make it after that she never worried about it again.

last one, "You Are My Sunshine". my SO sings it beautifully, so its a personal favorite of mine. i have a recording of her singing it and it just gives me the warmest, happiest feelings. its always hard to find the right words to express feelings of love towards another person, but songs are always there to make things a little easier hope you and your SO like the songs.

Comment

Aww both of those songs are so sweet! I love finding new songs that I can relate to with my LDR! Thanks I just recently came across the song by "Evan and Jaron" called "The Distance" Here's a youtube video with the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ermVjyUbuoo Oh and welcome to LFAD

Comment

Me and HBB both like the song "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx...that and also our newest one is "I Love You Forever" by Jewel.

You said you have a hard time communicating since you don't have a Blackberry...but do you have a Smartphone? Me and HBB both do (iphones, he started it!) and we use Whatsapp to txt all the time and Viber to be able to call for free. It uses data but we both have at home wireless and can use phone signal data when we don't. They are awesome apps for smartphones and I know at least Whatsapp works on Nokia, Blackberry, Android and iPhone. Smart phones are free a lot of the time now if you sign a contract with a company so its not too expensive. From one international LDR girl to another, getting an iPhone was the best decision I ever made for our relationship!

Comment

He has an iPhone for work (which will become his primary phone soon) and his Blackberry. He lives in Canada so they don't have unlimited data plans (besides for BBM and email) so we couldn't use an app since we talk A LOT (our data from BBMing was insanely high). I brought my Blackberry and Droid with me but to get 3G service here it's a lot of money and I won't be here for the length of the 2 year contract (close to $2000). I use Yahoo Messenger to text with him on his phone for free as well as I take my computer to lectures and the library so we have a couple ways of talking through out the day. I am hoping the communication issues were just from us getting used to the new routine (I wake up at 5 am (3 am where he lives) and go to bed at 12 am (9 pm his time) and his job runs from 7 am to 9 pm his time so we just don't have conversations when we're both free). Thanks for all the responses and songs. I listened to them while studying last night

Comment

My SO is a country boy at heart. Songs he shared with me are:

Just a Kiss - Lady Antebellum
              All Your Life - The Band Perry
              We Owned the Night - Lady Antebellum
              Dont You Wanna Stay? - Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson

Songs that I like to describe us:

You Belong to Me - Ben Taylor (A classic song wrote in the WWII era with a million covers, but honestly the best love song)
              Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5
              Edge of Desire - John Mayer
              All My Loving - The Beatles
              I Wouldn't Mind - He is We

Finding myself.

Comment

My SO is into country too and a couple months ago he told me that "Crazy Girl" by Eli Young Band reminded him of me. It was the first time he said a song reminded him of me so I didn't care that he was calling me crazy (and him singing along to it/singing it to me while we were driving made it even harder to be upset that he was calling me crazy)!

Comment

I really love that Jason Mraz song. It's a great song, i've been addicted for a few weeks now :P

"our" song is Dinosaur by Kisschasy. Kisschasy are an Australian band and I introduced my SO to them. This song is SO us and we will probably dance to it at our wedding or something. We honestly didn't consider this "our" song until recently even though it's been a big song for us for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Qs5Wgp4Qw&ob=av2e

The video is SUPER CUTE and has made me cry a few times..
                  in the chorus we sing 'With TWO oceans between us" (the lyrics actually say "with AN ocean between us" but me and my SO have two oceans and we both have had lyrics to this song in our msn names since before we were "official" (we become official on the first day we met in person). so the lyrics have been in our msn names for a longgg time. I have the lyrics "Our love is a dinosaur.." and he has "..Hear it roarrrr"
                  Met Online: February 2009
                  Feelings grew: January 2011
                  First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                  Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                  Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                  Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                  Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                  Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                  Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                  Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                  Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                  Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                  Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                  Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                  Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                  Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

My SO and I's song is 'I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.
                    "I don't wanna close my eyes; I don't wanna fall asleep, 'Cause I'd miss you, baby, And I don't wanna miss a thing. 'Cause even when I dream of you, The sweetest dream would never do. I'd still miss you, baby, And I don't wanna miss a thing."

We (okay more me because it's girlie but he likes it) also love "Ours" by Taylor Swift. The video is about a military girlfriend.
                    So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine And life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                      We (okay more me because it's girlie but he likes it) also love "Ours" by Taylor Swift. The video is about a military girlfriend.
                      So don't you worry your pretty little mind. People throw rocks at things that shine And life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
                      I love this song!

Finding myself.

Comment

I love this song and and so does my SO. I helps me get through the tough times when I miss him desperately.

Comment

This song is so so so SWEET!
                          Me and my SO consider it "our song", since he sent it to me last year, only a few weeks after we starter our relationship.
                          By that time, I was too fragile and my head was full of doubts. He sent me a link its song video and... I felt to loved and happy that I started crying!
                          Haha!
                          Now, when I'm not feeling good, I listen to it and imagine that he is saying all those words to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bella_rm View Post
                            Now, when I'm not feeling good, I listen to it and imagine that he is saying all those words to me.

I love you minha Bellinha!
                            I'm mmm mmm good!

Comment

Originally posted by jacqui.lee View Post

I highly recommend listening to this song or sharing it with your SO.

Recently, I moved further from my SO (both in miles and time zones) to attend medical school. A couple changes in my SO's life in combination with my new situation had our relationship on a bit rocky. It wasn't that the love was absent, it was increasingly harder to find the energy, time, and right words to express ourselves during the day. (Another issue was that I don't have a Blackberry to BBM which was our main communication source for the last year since it avoided international rates.) A couple late night disagreements throughout the last 2 weeks brought up the discussion of whether or not our relationship was going to survive the strains we are putting on it. Things resolved themselves nicely and we don't look back on the discussion as a weak spot in our relationship. We've had several conversations about if this is working in the last year and we're still together so we do grow from each. Last night, as I was taking a break from my studies, I stumbled on this song and shared it with my SO. He loved it and tried to respond with a song about how he feels (he sent 2 and they made me smile when I woke up to them this morning). Sending songs isn't anything we've done before and we really don't have a "song" besides, maybe, Hedley's "The Sweater Song" . The song captures what, I believe, is very common in LDRs. Moments of doubt about making it work arise whether you live across town or across the world and I am sure you will love this song if you're a fighter like me.

Please share any songs you use to give you strength when things get on the rocks with your LDR.
                              Awwww! I remember when I first heard this song - I'd just started dating my boyfriend, (January 2012, around the time the song was released), and I could relate so much to it - it's always reminded me of him! It actually came on the radio recently and he sung it to me, so now we both associate it with us. It's a beautiful song, I love it.

Also I recommend 'Holding On For You' by Liberty X and 'Get Here' by Oleta Adams.

Comment

Working...
                              X