Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Making It Special

Hey guys,

Ok I know I'm 27 and I should have more experience than this but I've never celebrated Valentine's Day with a significant other. This year I'll get to see my boyfriend a few days after and we decided to celebrate Valentine's Day a few days late.

He asked me what I wanted to do and I just basically said: "I don't know, cook a special meal, give you a CD I'm going to make for you, maybe you give me a chocolate covered strawberry because I love them and we watch a movie?" I don't want to put much pressure on him, but I realized this is pretty much like every other night I spend with him and I want it to be special other than the meal.

Any ideas on how to make it special for HIM? Massage? IDK guys, I'm out of my element being romantic and mushy but I want it to be a special day for both of us.

add candle light to dinner

Comment

That's mood lighting! I need some idea to make it special for HIM you know like steak and blowjob day? Valentine's Day seems to be largely female oriented and I just want to do something that would be sweet to him and great as a couple. It's not a day for celebrating a girlfriend, it's a day of celebrating being a couple and I want sure he knows that.

ETA: I have a fever if I'm not making sense please pardon me

Comment

to me candlelight is celebrating being a couple, i wouldn't eat by candlelight with anyone other than my SO so I categorize it as such.

i can't think of anything else other than maybe go where you went on a first date if possible? idk..

Comment

Not possible because our first visit was here not there But that's a good idea. I was thinking about hand drawing little illustrations with the CD and explain why I chose the songs but I'm afraid the tiny details will be lost on him because he's a guy (no offense).

But I don't know, I think part of him will just really love a day of just him and I and nobody else, paying special attention to each other. Maybe we can go for a walk.
          I'm just not good at being super cheesy and I think when I get all mushy he gets embarrassed. I want it to be as special to him as JUST CELEBRATING it is to me.

Comment

That sounds like a great night to me. I'd be stoked if I was your boyfriend. Maybe lingerie and some good sex at the end?

Finding myself.

Comment

Originally posted by goalie_girl34 View Post
              That sounds like a great night to me. I'd be stoked if I was your boyfriend. Maybe lingerie and some good sex at the end?
              can't say i disagree w/that, either lol

Comment

Well isn't that a given?! And not to give tmi I have a special surprise for him too

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                  Well isn't that a given?! And not to give tmi I have a special surprise for him too
                  Lol, figured it was a given but ya never know. Honestly though, it seems like you have put a lot of thought into it and it sounds pretty special to me. Its a whole night dedicated to him, with a surprise at the end to top it off. Dont be too worried, on top of all that simply the fact that its a whole night spent with the distance closed and dedicated to your love makes it awesome.

Finding myself.

Comment

Lol, figured it was a given but ya never know. Honestly though, it seems like you have put a lot of thought into it and it sounds pretty special to me. Its a whole night dedicated to him, with a surprise at the end to top it off. Dont be too worried, on top of all that simply the fact that its a whole night spent with the distance closed and dedicated to your love makes it awesome.
                    Thanks, just don't want to let him down

Comment

Just a thought, but if your boyfriend is into video games, maybe plan a gaming session together? It could be one both you enjoy, but maybe if he likes playing a game that you don't particularly enjoy, you could spring it on him and make him think, "hey, my girlfriend doesn't like this game much, but she's pretty awesome to play it with me and be a good sport about it." But I agree with the others, it already sounds like it'll be a fun and special night. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
                        Just a thought, but if your boyfriend is into video games, maybe plan a gaming session together? It could be one both you enjoy, but maybe if he likes playing a game that you don't particularly enjoy, you could spring it on him and make him think, "hey, my girlfriend doesn't like this game much, but she's pretty awesome to play it with me and be a good sport about it." But I agree with the others, it already sounds like it'll be a fun and special night. :3
                        This is going to sound so corny but we're so alike we like all the same games, BUT I could choose a movie I don't like that I know he does, like The Big Lebowski.

Comment

Ok so here is my idea. One Valentine' I gave my SO a coupon booklet fill ith things from a kiss to sex anywhere. Basically the book cvers all. Also if yall might be into it, get bedroom foods for "dessert" such as toppings like chocolate...caramel...whatever to ur liken. For a more innocent idea, I one time wrote down 100 reasons why i love him in a box on little pieces of paper and chocolate candy...Hope I helped some...
                          sigpic
                          Not to get clever
                          but with you I see forever
                          But whatever it is,
                          Here's to you,
                          I Love You Kid...

Comment

I recommend a "100 reasons why I love you" list. I made one for my SO once. He's a big tough guy normally but he loved it so much I think he almost cried :P

Candlelight dinner, presents, some mood music, lingere, and good sex. Perfect!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I would think of something that you associate with only him. Maybe his kindness, the way he wakes up in the morning, etc.? Those are definitely random examples, but maybe just writing him a letter telling him some of the things you appreciate the most about him. I recently made a list with the things that I love the most about my boyfriend, and I randomly email him whatever "number" catches my eye at that moment, and I tell him why I love him for that particular reason. Maybe a meal with all his favorite foods? Just do something from the heart, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it very much.
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                              X