Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

success rate for LDR's?

Does anyone know this information?

I don't. And personally I'm not sure I would want to know. Because statistic don't show everything. It's just a number and you shouldn't rely on it as to whether an LDR is worth it or not haha. It's no different to marriage really. You either put in your all and hope it works out, or you don't and you back away.

Comment

Some LDRs work, some don't. Some people get lucky and then there's those like me who don't get so much luck I wouldn't want to know either.

Comment

The Centre for the Study of Long Distance Relationships provides the following statistics for the comparison of Proximal Relationships (PRs) and Distance Dating (percentages below relate to the percentage of break ups during a particular time in the relationship):

· 30% PRs vs. 27% LDRs during the first month

· 21% PRs vs. 37% LDRs during the first 3 months

· 35% PRs vs. 42% LDRs during the first 6 months

· 23% PRs vs. 11% LDRs during the first 8 months

· 25% PRs vs. 8% LDRs during the first year

Source: https://www.waiit.com/Long_Distance_...ips_Statistics

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is a reliable source. I've tried to figure it out but this is all I could find. Please don't shoot the messenger!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
          The Centre for the Study of Long Distance Relationships provides the following statistics for the comparison of Proximal Relationships (PRs) and Distance Dating (percentages below relate to the percentage of break ups during a particular time in the relationship):

· 30% PRs vs. 27% LDRs during the first month

· 21% PRs vs. 37% LDRs during the first 3 months

· 35% PRs vs. 42% LDRs during the first 6 months

· 23% PRs vs. 11% LDRs during the first 8 months

· 25% PRs vs. 8% LDRs during the first year

Source: https://www.waiit.com/Long_Distance_...ips_Statistics

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is a reliable source. I've tried to figure it out but this is all I could find. Please don't shoot the messenger!
          Interesting...

Comment

Well, from that fata it seems like if you can make it past 6 months your chances are pretty good. Although I feel a more interesting study would ask the same results after the first visit. I feel like thats a real defining point, after you've met or had your first visit and then had to leave, were they the person you expected or you just didnt work out? Or maybe after the first visit people crack under the pressure because they cant wait for the second....or it strengthens your relationship.

Finding myself.

Comment

LDR's are hard no doubt, Dont worry about the rates of success vs., well less success. Worry about how you feel about your SO and it will not matter, you are not other couples, think like that instead

Comment

Here's a interesting thought....

Beat the statistics!

It's a personal enjoyment, and a challenge.

Or maybe I'm just a goofball (:
                Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Originally posted by meganpillow View Post
                  Here's a interesting thought....

Beat the statistics!

GOOD IDEA. We all hear that LDRs don't usually fair well. And that is probably true. Some come and go. But that isn't what you need to dwell on. If you are in your LDR thinking things are bound to end because of the distance... then don't even get into the relationship.
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

But at the same time, as with everything else, you tend to hear more about the negative side of things than the positive. Since the positive is good and you don't need to continually praise it, nor do you need help with it. Flip side to the negative, you're normally looking for someone to talk to about the feelings involved and such. So you're probably going to hear about more ending than succeeding, or at least that's how I see things a lot.

Comment

The difference in a proximal and LDR is that LDR's must confront their problems more readily than proximal that can replace physical intimacy as a stopgap. You see the constant rate on proximal and the declining breakup for LDR's, because LDR's must communicate or die earlier and therefore after that hurdle, for those that succeed in continuing to connect with one another, they're are fewer communication problems later on.

Comment

Working...
                      X