Geting used to this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geting used to this...

So me and my SO have been in a LDR for about 3 years off and on with probably only being CD for two months when we were at the same college. Sometimes I feel myself becoming perfectly content with being apart. It has become such a habit. I know this probably not good but it helps me not get into those moods when I realize that this life sucks. Not being able to b with the one you love when others around you get to do everyday.

But anyways, I just want to know if anyone else sometimes feels complaisant with ur own situations?
    sigpic
    Not to get clever
    but with you I see forever
    But whatever it is,
    Here's to you,
    I Love You Kid...

Oh yeah. When you realize that tho you have someone, you can hold or be held. But as it stands, it looks like my LDR isn't going to survive.

Comment

I've gotten use to being alone most of the time too. Would I rather be a normal couple that saw each other on a regular basis? Yes. But like you said, being apart has become habit. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just what has become necessary for surviving to the distance. One day, hopefully, it will turn into a normal relationship. Until then, complacency will do.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlookup View Post
        Oh yeah. When you realize that tho you have someone, you can hold or be held. But as it stands, it looks like my LDR isn't going to survive.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry to hear that. If you dont mind me asking, wha happen?
        sigpic
        Not to get clever
        But whatever it is,
        Here's to you,
        I Love You Kid...

Comment

I've always found the distance really easy, I sometimes think its bad I can be that okay with it.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
            I've always found the distance really easy, I sometimes think its bad I can be that okay with it.
            Yea. thats how i feel sometimes. I do feel like the distance is pure misery sometimes but lately, most of the time, I feel perfectly fine and I find that a bit weird. But like I said i guess it has just become a habit...

C'est La Vie!
            sigpic
            Not to get clever
            But whatever it is,
            Here's to you,
            I Love You Kid...

Comment

None of us here like being long distance. And all of us would rather be with our partner in person. However we have to learn to deal with being alone and eventually it has to reach a point of being okay, otherwise we'll just get depressed.

We have to be optamistic and be okay with being alone. It suck but its worth it.
              " There is always hope.
              "

Comment

I have become OK with it, simply because this is my first relationship and we met online. I wouldn't say complacent, though. I was however, very distressed when he left after having stayed with me for 3 months. I had grown to used to having him around that I felt so unbelievably empty when he was gone. He went everywhere with me. It was weird going back to being just me, so weird that it felt like him being here had almost never happened and it was all just a dream.

Comment

The time immediately after they leave is always difficult. The longer they're gone, sadly, the easier it gets. You get back into a routine and life becomes normal.

Comment

Its definitely hardest right after you leave. For me the hardest part right now is not knowing when I'll see him again. The distance is not easy to deal with but doable, but right now when I dont have the money to visit, school is starting soon, and I'm looking for a new job where I will work a lot more so it could be months until I see him. The uncertainty is what makes it hardest. I'm just hoping and praying I can manage something over spring break, but thats not for another couple months...

Finding myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X