how do you cope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you cope?

What do you or your SO do to make the distance easier? Lately I've been having a really hard time with the distance and have started to get really depressed about the situation. My SO is really supportive and he's been trying to make it easier for me but all I want is to be close to him and I've never felt further away.

my SO and I watch movies and TV together. We are also planning on reading the same books. I have been feeling lonely too and the ydistance has been getting to me a lot as well. I just do my best to take it a day at a time and stay involved in the things that we do together on a regular basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

aww i know how this feels, I have my days when the distance just really gets to me, and i feel so depressed and lonely. But keep reminding yourself its not forever. And for me, me being down brings my SO down and visa-versa, so that helps me to try to snap out of it. I say go out when you guys can't talk, and plan special dates, little date nights, watch movies together, we recently had a pizza date, both made pizza from scratch while on webcam. Was so much fun! Play games, read, just enjoy the time together, I also recommend having a countdown, every time I go and see that it's a little closer, that makes me feel just a bit better.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Aw, sorry you're having one of those days. What definitely helps is being able to snuggle with something that's his, whether it's a shirt or a stuffed animal that he bought/smells like him. I've even resorted to going to the store and sniffing the soap he uses haha. Anything to feel closer, you know? A long chat with your SO always helps too, just spending some quality time together. Or you can try to keep busy. Try and distract yourself from how much it hurts and you miss them. Hope you feel a little less far away soon.

Comment

Awww I know what you mean. There are days where it seems like the distance just takes over. What helps me is to always think, "One day away from him means one day closer I am to seeing him again". Try to think positive, because a lot of times the feelings of the distance and loneliness are enhanced when we focus on them too much. My SO and I text a lot when we can, talk on the phone, and Skype a few times. Often we go see the same movie and talk about it when its done on both our ends. We have been trying to send letters back and forth, but lately he forgot to send one back. XD haha Just try to find things you two can both do no matter what the distance. With time, your feelings will die away. Good luck!
          "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys. Its been really helpful Sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner I haven't had a chance to get on lately.

Comment

I like to absorb myself in video games or read a good book Being with my parents or college friends helps too. I try to avoid thinking about my and Chris's situation too much.

Comment

Try and stay busy. We talk (pretty much) everyday but we have one night a week that we go and do our own thing with out friends that are with us. But I go to the library to study instead of staying home, it is easier that way. More of a distraction I guess.

But there will be days, or even weeks where it isnt going to matter and all you are going to want to do is be close together. I am sorry this is one of those times for you. But just be there for each other. That is really all you can do.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I agree with the other posters about finding something you like and getting active. Get a hobby, take a class, go to the gym etc

Comment

We spend a lot of time together on Skype. We also watch TV shows together at the same time and talk about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X