What do you do,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do,

when you have a small argument with your SO? and it's your fault, He made a joke with his cousin and I over-reacted, but after a bit I realized it was a joke. He got a little upset with me. But when he's really mad, He'll tell me he's upset and he didn't do that this time.

I haven't heard from him since. It's been 5 days. Am I overthinking this? I can understand why he reacted the way he did though... it was a foolish mess.

I just dont' want to lose him, I don't want him to lose interest in me. I hold onto the fact that he hasn't broken up with me yet so...

I can't get too mad at him, cause I know he gets busy... and IF he's still mad at me, I'm certainly not going to get mad at him. I just miss him so much.

I have apologized up the ying yang. I can't apologize any other way. Well, maybe there's a way.. but I can't afford it quite yet.

Argh!

Any advice would be appreciated... :-)

If you have let him know you were in the wrong, then that is all you can do. I don't see this being something to break up over so just give him some space, he'll come around.

Comment

You have a right to be angry or upset once in awhile.. it's part of a healthy relationship. You sure can't spend the entire relationship walking on egg shells and fearful they will leave you over every little misunderstanding.

If it was me, I'd send him some cute little message and try to break the ice. He may be thinking you are still upset and angry over it when it sounds like you are well over the whole thing. Insecurity is a your biggest enemy... have faith
      Three words. Fill my racing mind. Leave me breathless. Lost in time.
      Three words. Fill my endless dreams. Repair my heart. Mend the seams.
      Three words. Fill your heart too. Three words pronounced. I love you.

~~~~~~

You look in the mirror, you don't like what you see, don't believe it.
      Look in my eyes, I am the only mirror you're ever gonna need.

Met online: 12/24/10 Met In Person: 2/24/11 Distance Closed: 4/24/11
      Not one regret, not one backwards look, only towards the future and beyond!

Comment

I just admit it was my fault. I have no issue with being wrong whatsoever. For me it's not about right/wrong it's about how to fix the issue, and any path that we can get there the most efficient is what's most important to me. It matters that when we're done we can both look in the mirror and admit that whatever course of action is the best for both individuals involved, not necessarily one or the other. I also try my best to not apologize too much. While I do believe in full apologies - was told growing up by my mom not only to say I'm sorry or I apologize but also to express what you're sorry for. I would balk at this as a child sometimes because I just wanted to get out of it, and that was my mom's whole point.. was that it's good to be sorry, but when I would try and make up for not knowing by over-apologizing I was also taught that saying sorry once is enough and the other person will either come around or they won't.

just my two cents.

Comment

Thank You! That's what I'm thinking! .... This isn't something major... (but yet I don't want him to think that I'm going to act like nothing's wrong either) Agggghh!

Our bond is so... it's indescribeable... really....We've been through alot, I mean ALOT!!

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Yes I have no problem admitting I was wrong. I can take the heat.

Comment

I guess all I can do is wait, and pray..

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Thank you everyone for your advice! I truly appreciate it

Comment

He changed his pic on msn, but won't talk to me *sighs*.... I just don't know what to do anymore.......

Comment

Hei. As you said you appologized and thats all you can and have to do.If he is still not talking give him that time and just wait.Sometimes if we put too much pressure and worry things just get worse.He knows you are sorry,so you don't have to do it over and over again.As your mother taughed and i believe so too-if you did something wrong,apologize once and let it go.If another person don't get it,don't bother and have some respect for yourself.I know how it is to do stupid things and show no respect for myself just to please my other half and make him happy and beg for his mercy.Boy,still remember that day-how could i get so low.Well we all learn lessons through mistakes.I believe everything will turn out great.Get yourself busy with something and be happy,you will see in no time he will get back to you.Good luck and stay strong!!!

Comment

Thanks Kiti! .*Hugs for everyone who has helped me*
                  ...*takes deep breath* ...blahhh.... this is killing me... Argh! But I'm trying to stay strong! I feel he will come back around as well!.... I've cried, and now, I just.. I'm gonna try and work on my homework now, I can't let this get in the way of my schoolwork..

Gonna turn my ipod on and just ... go into my own world....

Comment

I'm probably just overthinking this...... I'm probably driving him nuts with talking about it so much....

Comment

You are so welcome dear! I am glad I could be a bit of help.Yea,its best to do something and let him alone for some time.I know its not easy but I know you are strong and you can do this.I am with you

Comment

Awwww thanks Kiti!! *Huge hugs to you*

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I have a correction: It's been 6 days. Sorry!

Comment

I think the biggest thing is saying "I fudged up! I'm sorry and here is what I plan to do to make it right..."

Comment

All you can tell him is that you over reacted and that you are sorry. Beyond that all you can do is wait. It is not like you can force him to talk to you. But you should let him know that you are afraid of losing him and that can he at least let you know how he is feeling.

But other than that, I dont know what else you can do.

Im sorry.
                            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yeah, well, we talked the other night, it was rocky, but it was a start. and now, two nights in a row, I've dreamt about him, and they were amazing dreams

So, I'm guessing that's a good sign right? or wishful thinking?

Comment

Working...
                              X