Just a question to you guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question to you guys.

How powerful do you think love is as an emotion? As a feeling? Do you think it's possible that sometimes you can love someone too much?

My friend and I were just talking about this last night.

I believe love is really intense. Its intensity can be shown in different ways. I believe love is very powerful. It can cause people to do things they never would have done without love.

I do believe you can love someone too much but only if your intense love is shown in an unhealthy way.

I'm not sure if any of this makes sense, I'm quite tired!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Love is the most powerful emotion, I think. The love for your partner, the love for your family (or those you consider family), the love for your friends... It will make you do amazing things, and get you through the most horrible things.

However, there is a fine line between love and obsession. You can never love someone too much. If it turns into obsession, it isn't love anymore.

Comment

I think love is the strongest emotion I've felt... and it is entirely possible to love someone too much. When your love for someone becomes more important than your love for yourself or for your own well being, it's not healthy.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I think that love is one of the most powerful emotions that we can experience, in all it's forms. It allows us to move mountains that otherwise seemed impossible.

Do I think someone can love another too much? Absolutely, this would be when it turns from love into possession or obsession. Love can be just as unhealthy as it can be healthy.

Comment

I think that love is a passion, an emotion, and a decision...
            They say there is a fine line between love and hate, and I believe the same is true for love and obsession. These are all passions and I feel it is very easy to transverse one into another. So I don't think you can love someone too much -that's an obsession and it's not healthy. However, I also feel that if something negative happens, it is very easy to find yourself hating what you love.
            I think the only way you COULD love someone too much is simply loving the wrong person....
            However, as much as it is a passionate emotion it is also a decision. When your loved ones make you mad, or hurt your feelings, or annoy you, you decide stick around. If you and your SO are having a tough time, you make the decision to try to work it out rather than just taking the easy way out. Perhaps that's because of that obscure emotion we call love, but perhaps not...

Comment

I know love is a very powerful emotion in many ways. Just look at the different kinds of love there are out there - the kind of love between friends, between family, the love for a certain hobby or thing and, of course, the love between two people who decide to be a couple. It can be very intense and driving and all-consuming which some would call passionate love, but it also can be quiet and sweet and soft. I don't think you can ever love too much same like you can't ever get enough of hearing or wanting to say I love you. But there is a possibility that love can get unhealthy and obsessive once it hurts more than it brings pleasure...

Comment

Love is definitely one of the strongest emotions there is, and that is exactly why you can love someone too much, if you stop caring about everything but the person you love, or do stupid things for that person that could be harmful to you, and if your love is unrequited it's a feeling that is dangerous yet absolutely necessary it's a very fine line.

Notes:
                Met: 8.17.09
                Started Dating: 8.20.09
                First Met: 10.2.10
                Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Love is very powerful. It has the ability to turn your life around for the good, and yet it also has the ability to turn your life around for the worst, depending on the degree of love. It is good to love people. I think love keeps people optimistic.

It is possible to love someone too much. When you love them so much that you forget about your own needs and wants, and you become somewhat of a slave to that "love" because you'll do anything they ask and believe anything they say. However, I don't feel that love should be like that at all. You can love someone a lot but you still need to keep your head in check, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                    Love is definitely one of the strongest emotions there is, and that is exactly why you can love someone too much, if you stop caring about everything but the person you love, or do stupid things for that person that could be harmful to you, and if your love is unrequited it's a feeling that is dangerous yet absolutely necessary it's a very fine line.
                    Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm curious. How is unrequited love absolutely necessary?

Comment

I think love is intense. It is an emotion that you cant control. Other emotions, in certain cases you can make a choice. But in love, it makes no sense. You have reasons to be happy or sad but no reasons as to why you love some one. It just is. And as lame as it sounds, I think love makes you do crazy and sometimes irrational things. That is why you need to be able to take off your rose colored glasses sometimes and listen to the people that you trust. Because sometimes you don't know what you are doing.
                      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Love varies according to who you have the emotion for. The love for my ex got to a point where I would've done anything for her regardless of how it affected me. That can be quite unhealthy because you're putting someone else's needs before your own. Love can make you a better person, but loving too much can make you hate the person you've become. At least that's how it is for me as I continue to get over my ex. Such a powerful emotion and we can't even control it.

Comment

Working...
                        X