Feeling down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling down

Have you ever felt like keeping busy just wasn't enough? It isn't a constant feeling but it does come and go and when it comes, it sucks. My SO and I are both college students in the middle of our 3rd year and this is when things start to get the busiest at college. He's been going to sleep early every night which is fine, but I only really talk to him at night. I feel like just keeping myself busy isn't enough sometimes because even though I try, I still think of him and how much I miss him. It really sucks and sometimes I get so mad and frustrated at the distance, I start to wonder if I can handle this for 2 more years. I think I can, but sometimes the "what if" still gets to me.

The other night my SO got real sick and had to go to the emergency room to see if they could help settle his stomach. He had been throwing up all night. Well, it was hard for him to contact me and I was really worried and could not sleep at all knowing he was in the hospital. I cried all night hoping he was ok, and it was the worst feeling ever because I couldn't even do anything. I felt so helpless and sad. I don't think I've ever hated being long distance like I hated it that night.

I know its silly but I just feel so down . I try hard to keep myself busy but he's just as busy with all of his things and at least lately, its been getting to me. I feel like just going to class and studying and doing all my homework isn't enough anymore, like I've said. I started feeling like this at the start of this semester. Last semester was so much easier for me. But for some reason this one has been tough. I guess thinking that he may not be coming back home for summer vacation makes it worse. Just needed to rant ):...

I definitely understand what you mean about feeling helpless. That's one thing that I really hated about being in a LDR. But you know, even CD sometimes there's not much you can do.

Have you tried actually going out and doing other things with your time besides school work? Maybe you're just in a rut. I feel similar when that happens to me. A few hours at the mall or a shopping center or even a long walk on a trail usually does the trick for me. I think everyone gets this way, just try not to feed into it. It'll pass.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I'm sorry your SO had to go to the hospital! I find that in LDRs you have ups and downs. Some days (weeks, months) are worse than others. You're probably missing him more now because you already are stressed about school and then you don't even get to see your SO. Continue to focus on your work and talk to your SO when you can. Hang in there

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys I've been starting to feel better.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. But that's ok because it's expected at some point to feel a bit down! Just focus on the good things that will come with succeeding college. You'll be outta this stage before you know it

Comment

Working...
          X