Back up plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back up plans?

All of us here have made plans to see our SO yes?

Well as we all know sometimes plans for visits backfire.
    Weather it be do to School, Work, Family matters or financial matters.

I'm sure some of us have back up plans for when this happens.

So what do you do to cheer up your SO in this siuation where a visit may be canceled?

I've always thought a care package with all their favorite snacks or something would be a nice gesture to surprise them with in this type of situation.

How about you guys?
    " There is always hope.
    "

Fortunately, we don't make decisions to see each other unless we know it's going to work out. So there's no need for backup plans. There have been times where I've almost been sick for a visit but he wanted me to come anyway, and I would have gone.

Actually, the very first time we were supposed to meet (before feelings between us were discussed), it fell through because of work. Back up plan? We met a few months later and I MADE SURE it was going to work that time.

Comment

Like Sierra, we only make plans that are set in stone. Well, so far that is what has happened. But there is no doubt somewhere during the time of this year something like work or family commitments suddenly popping up may mean we have to cancel, and if that does, we have agreed we would immediately start planning another trip for a similar time. Our little rule is each time we leave a visit, we have to know or know roundabouts when we will be seeing each other again, so we can have a countdown. So far we have stuck to that, but that being said we have only been in LD for three months (CD two months before that).

I think a gift parcel type thing is such a sweet idea.

Comment

We do that too Sarah. We plan our visits 3 or so out. We have tickets bought for this visit tomorrow, one 3 weeks from now, and another 3 weeks from then. It's been this way throughout our relationship and was something we agreed to in the very beginning. Basically we felt that if we weren't able to make visits happen as we planned that something was wrong with us. We've never had to change or cancel a visit since being in a relationship and I'm thankful for that because I don't know how I'd handle the disappointment. After the 3 trips we have scheduled, we have just two more and then the distance is closed! Hurray we will have made it

As for the visits we don't have booked yet, we only have one date planned around a concert we already have tickets for, he has to ask for the time off but he'll get it. And then I'll come out again in the middle of June or beginning of July to make moving plans.

All this being said, my work schedule never changes, and his is flexible now so we make it work. I think that's why we don't really have to deal with disappointment or having to cancel visits and the likes.

Comment

If I'm buying a $600 ticket to go see my SO he damn well better make it work!

Comment

Working...
          X