I guess it's a shout out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's a shout out?

I was out clubbing, i finally finished my exams and i hadn't been out in months, so it was really nice to go out with the girls in my course, drink and dance. Anyway, boys in clubs like hitting on girls, trying to dance with them and trying to, as the british say, "pull".
    I know that many members here are older, and some may think that young relationships have still much to learn, but i just wanted to give a shout out, and congratulate all the students and young people who are willing to be faithful even though their partner is so far away and even though many people think they should "experience life and have fun", and stop being so serious about love.
    I've thought at how i would be acting if i had never met my boyfriend. I'd probably be one of the girls dancing around with a perfect stranger and playing tonsil tennis (sorry, i think that sounds funny). But i don't regret anything. i don't care if i don't get to fool around, i have someone worth it, regardless how far away he lives.
    Sorry, this is me rambling, i just really realised how much my boyfriend has made me a better person, and once again i have understood how long distance can work when you have the right person by your side, regardless how young you are or how long of a journey you have ahead.
    Good luck to everyone, you are being truly amazing and strong.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Congrats on finishing your exams! When I first heard my SO say 'pull' I thought it meant having sex. It's nice to be able to go out with friends and be in a relationship where your SO trusts you and you don't have to feel guilty about going out. I don't even mind random guys coming up to talk, lets me know I've still got it!

Comment

haha i must say there is that feeling of "oh, good, so people still think i look okay". It's amazing to feel trusted though, i don't think i could be in this otherwise.

Comment

Thank you and to you as well.

Is pull.. um.. grinding?

Comment

To pull is to hook up, i learned this when i first moved to england, people kept talking about how they had pulled and i kept imagining the worst possible things :P

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
            To pull is to hook up, i learned this when i first moved to england, people kept talking about how they had pulled and i kept imagining the worst possible things :P
            To me hooking up also means sex haha. Pulling is like making out/kissing.

Comment

^ i need to stop saying hooking up when i don't mean it as sex! yes, what she said, it's just making out

Comment

Hope you did well on your exams!

But yea, I agree, a lot of people - people who are older and even the same age as me - have suggested "playing the field" and enjoying my youth. I didn't realize enjoying my youth meant being a whore. If that's the case, I want no part of it. And what's insane is that some of the people who told me that are in my family. But it seems as the years passed and I'm still with the same wonderful guy, everyone just shut up. I am the first in at least two generations on both sides of my family that didn't get married by age 18. And it's a very awesome feeling when you realized that the distance and getting through it all rubs itself in the doubters' faces.

...it's very fulfilling X)
                sigpic
                Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I totally live vicariously though all my single friends. I get excited when they meet someone knew and I go out with them, fully expecting to go home alone (i.e. without them), but it never happens nearly often enough. I love hearing their stories about fun and not so fun dates and all that.

Haha, I like going out and I have a lot of fun, without actually hitting on any guys or hooking up with them. I like knowing that I could if I wanted to (at the risk of losing my boyfriend obviously), it doesn't make me want to do it (does that make sense to anyone but me?).

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Congrats on finishing your exam!!

I agree that having someone to trust and hold on to is nice. I mean I loved being single too, but I really like being able to have the liberty to go out and have fun, then come home and cuddle with the SO when I'm done

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                    Haha, I like going out and I have a lot of fun, without actually hitting on any guys or hooking up with them. I like knowing that I could if I wanted to (at the risk of losing my boyfriend obviously), it doesn't make me want to do it (does that make sense to anyone but me?).
                    And yes-- that totally makes sense. When I go to bars/clubs I'll sometimes look around and think "I would hit on that one, and that one..." jajaja

Comment

As a 22 year old I do to go out,
                      I must admit I also like the feeling when guys hit on me our compliment my looks and sometimes for the fun of it I dance with them. I never go any further than that, but I still manage to "feel young" in some way. And I guess the best feeling is leaving a disco, not just feeling young (and probably drunk), but also having the feeling that I've already found my perfect guy. ^^ So I do not feel a need to "hook up" with a lot of guys.

I actually enjoy going to clubs more now after I've gotten married than I did before. I used to actually dislike clubs, but now I enjoy myself. I guess it's because some kind of pressure has been lifted from my shoulder. I don't need any guys to like me, I don't need to feel unattractive, because I've already found what I needed. ^^

Comment

Thank you, lucybelle.
                        It's exactly like that. I see guys I would try to get a date with, if I didn't have my boyfriend... and then I'm glad I don't have to get through all the whole complicated and possibly embarrassing process anymore and that I've found my prince charming on a white horse already. I like dancing with perfect strangers, though... and flirt, it never fails to make me feel so good about myself

I don't really know whether it's that much harder to stay faithful as a student or when you're young(er). There will always be "temptation" in one form or another and you always have to consciously make the decision to stay with your partner. It's not like once you finish university or turn 30, no one's interested in you anymore and you magically stay faithful (or at least I hope, seeing as I'm neither 30 nor finished with university yet )
                        Last edited by Dziubka; January 26, 2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you, lucybelle.
                          It's exactly like that. I see guys I would try to get a date with, if I didn't have my boyfriend... and then I'm glad I don't have to get through all the whole complicated and possibly embarrassing process anymore and that I've found my prince charming on a white horse already. I like dancing with perfect strangers, though... and flirt, it never fails to be me feel so good about myself
                          Just wanted to say something real quick- in Spanish it's "principe azul" or "blue prince" instead of prince charming. I just think that's funny

Comment

I don't really know whether it's that much harder to stay faithful as a student or when you're young(er). There will always be "temptation" in one form or another and you always have to consciously make the decision to stay with your partner. It's not like once you finish university or turn 30, no one's interested in you anymore and you magically stay faithful (or at least I hope, seeing as I'm neither 30 nor finished with university yet )
                            Maybe people see it as kind of hormone thing? Or... just the whole "young and stupid" saying - people don't look down on you for getting drunk several times a month and stay out till morning when you're like 20 years old, but I don't think it's the same if you're 40 years old.

Maybe there's also a kind expectation for young people to "run off their horns", while they're still in what "adults" might see as immature relationships, before they get married, have babies and a reputation at a workplace. (of course that could also be the reputation as the office playboy XD who knows).
                            But, of course temptation is everywhere and don't think it really helps us being older and wiser... you need to think your actions though whether you're 19 or 39.

Comment

Ah, I'm trying not to hijack this thread, but my train of thought was something like
                              When I'm in my twenties I know I still have years to experience and have fun, so even if I stay faithful for a few years, I'll still have plenty of time afterwards. I can imagine that once I'm older I would be more like "damn, in a few years it'll be too late to have fun, because I'll be old and no one will want me anymore (even though this is obviously b/s, people don't stop being hot, just because they get older), so it's now or never"

Oh well, maybe I'm just weird and already worring about midlife crisis, when it's still a good 20 years ahead of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X