Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just like that...

It's over...

I know I don't post a lot... but I lurk a lot... and didn't know where else to turn...

My ex-SO and I have been together just shy of a year... he lived an hour away while going to school and we saw each other on the weekends.... then, this past december, he graduated and moved home till he could get work--- home is 4 hours away.

Before he left he knew what he wanted--- he were pretty set... and he was determined to do the distance. Our relationship was SO good and we BOTH knew it. When we're together, we're amazing.

Well... a few weeks ago his best girl friend was on him about breaking up with me (This girl is all kinds of crazy b*tch and she doesn't even know me.) And she didn't help his anxiety about the distance...

Well... over the past couple weeks he kept mentioning taking a break... and then he'd say "no that's dumb, I love you" and this happened every couple of days for a couple weeks....

Then last night is was--- "Ok, lets take a 'break' and see other people and then we'll see how things work"...

Then he called tonight and said he loved me... but felt the romantic love was gone (well, it's tough to have that and be apart, I get it...) But he said he wanted to totally break it off and be friends if I wanted...

He said he didn't want a relationship and that he wanted to get his career figured out first and he just wanted to date a bit...

I'm 24... and he's my first long term serious relationship...

It wouldn't be SO bad if I had tons of friends and other guys I could look into but... I don't.... I'd been looking and on dating sites for ages... and he was perfect...

I still love him SO much...

It. Hurts. SO BAD....

Aww, I'm sorry to hear Distance is hard to deal with. Try and stay distracted, that's always good when you're going through a tough time.

And remember that you don't have to be with someone to be happy. Don't feel like you have to shop around for a replacement.

Comment

That's really sad I'm so so so sorry to hear that.

Comment

wow...another one :'( I am sorry

Comment

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It sounds like he just wasn't sure what he was ready for or what he really wanted. He sounds very confused. And that friend of his definitely isn't supportive.
          Regardless, I suggest not being friends with him. At least for a month or so. Longer if you can handle it. Every time you talk to him, it takes longer for you to heal.

I know breaks sound awful and seem permanent, and for a long time I believed they didn't work. And for a lot of people they don't. But for some, a break is exactly what they need to realize that they really are meant to be. But don't ride on that hoping that he'll come around. Do your thing, give yourself time and space to grow away from him. And if it's meant to be, you will see him again. But if not, you will find another even better than him. But talking to him and being his friend when you're so hurt only keeps you from knowing what your destiny is.

Stay strong
          sigpic
          Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
          Our first LDR ~ August 2009
          Closed the distance ~ January 2011
          He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
          Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
          He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
          Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
          Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

It's very hard being on your end of this break-up. I'm sure your emotions are all over the place with him having the girl best friend chirping in his ear about you. And unfortunately for some people, the influence of friends can be very strong. First of all don't sell yourself short, i'm sure you are an amazing person. You never know what life will throw at you, and someday it might just be someone even better. I've had men that seemed perfect pop up when I least expected it, and it always seemed to be when I wasn't actually looking for a relationship. Don't rush things, another personal problem is that I probably don't know how to be alone anymore and enjoy life solo. Find more things that make you happy to take your mind relationships in general because when that happens, you'll probably find someone just for you before you know it!

Good luck hun and keep your head up! I know it's easier said than done, but you will get through this.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Miramaid View Post
              wow...another one :'( I am sorry
              ^^ my sentiments exactly. So sorry you are going through this. We are all here if and when you need us. Stay strong.
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
              X