Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argggh.

SO left yesterday.
    I don't think I need to explain just how depressed I feel right now.
    The good news is is that the next visit will be a move towards closing the distance - he's been applying and interviewing for universities over here, within a few hours of where mine is - his university doesn't have any connecting universities here, so he's having to prove himself properly in order to jump into a second or third year in a similar course. He's not applying to mine because 1. It doesn't do his course, and 2. We're not bad at being apart, and we'd only be a couple of hours apart, so it'll be a much shorter long-distance relationship.
    The bad news is is that he can't come back until he's enrolled in a course (Short story here: SO gets one free return plane trip, Australia - England or equivalent, because of his Dad's job, but only while he's still in education), which could be anywhere between the next six months, and a year.
    We've managed to have enough funds and stability to spend a lot of time together over the past year. He won't let me come and visit during my summer - which would be me going over in mid-June til September, because he doesn't want me to spend my university term trying to save that much money when he might be here in September himself anyway. Obviously, I'm going to save just in case.
    I think I'm just rambling because talking about future plans makes everything feel closer. But I'm still in that dreary phase where I feel like I can't enjoy any of my normal things because, well, I just spent almost all of the past seven weeks with my SO. (Yes, I know. We usually have really long visits to make the most out of the money we're spending.)
    I'm going to stop rambling now.
Working...
X