Our first visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first visit

Im finally gonna get to see him, after all of the not being able to move here for school like we planned and everything he's finally coming to visit me. We met a year ago, he walked in my work said something completely random tried to sell me something and then gave me his facebook url when I declined lol. After that we've had our ups and downs but we always manage to find our way back.

Well its finally happening and it feels so much more real now! Im so excited yet oh so nervous. Im not sure whats going to happen while he is here, or what to do when I see him for the first time. Im nervous that we wont get along in person but then again how is that possible we can talk for hours on the phone about the most random things.

Do you guys have any advice for our first meeting?

What was yours like?

When I see him should I kiss him or hug him what? o_O

Im so excited!!! ahhhhhhhhh

I would just say have fun with it of course and try to plan something where you two can get to know each other better like maybe go mini golf or something. I wouldn't suggest the movies just because it's really impersonal and save dinner for the end. The first time I visited my SO it started out really bad. I had to take an 8 hour train ride from Tampa, FL to Savannah, GA, but then the train broke down and I didn't end up getting there until 2 in the am. So he picked me up and I thought it was going to awkward but it was definitely the best 2 hr car ride to his home in Charleston, SC I have ever had. With that said travel plans may get messed up or plans ruined, but make the best of it and I sure you'll have a great time. Oh yeah I would go for a hug first.

Comment

Dont be nervous, things will flow pretty naturally if you let them.

About whether to hug or kiss, just see what happens. When I first stepped off the plane and saw my man I ran to him and hugged him, he picked me up and we kissed. Everything felt so right and so magical. I'm sure your visit will be amazing, savor the moment cause later it will be one of your best memories. After my SO and I met we went from the airport out to dinner, thats always a safe bet. Conversation didnt flow too naturally at first only because I think we were both slightly in shock to finally be right in front of each other. We just stared and smiled at each other for a while but then everything was right, we talked about everything from the pizza place we were at to the weather. Dont be nervous, everything will be awesome!

Finding myself.

Comment

You guys are making me feel a lot better!! When I asked him when his spring break was and he let me know and told me he would be coming to see me I was super excited, and then I had this moment of crap this is scarryyyy. But I feel a million times more confident and I cant wait to see him. Its been a year since we met and I last saw him. Im sure it'll be fun. Maybe I'll take him to disney world =)

Comment

My SO is coming to visit over our spring break as well, for 2 weeks this time instead of 1! It will be our second visit but I can tell you that our first was amazing! Neither of us were quite sure what to expect. But as soon as I could see him coming from the airport terminal, I was like OMG its really him! Its a feeling of shock and amazement and comfort all at once. We planned out what we were going to do beforehand and just fit in as many things as we could for the week. Some things didn't go as planned but because we were with each other it didn't really matter at all. As for the kiss/hug, just do whatever comes natural. You will be able to tell when the right moment to kiss comes. For us for instance, we hugged in the airport because we were both still kind of bashful at that point, but once we got back to my house as soon as we walked up to my room we both stopped in our tracks and kissed. It just happened. Neither of us were expecting it, it was a mutual thing. Don't worry so much about the details of the visit, everything will start to fall into place as soon as you see each other.

Comment

I felt the exact same way before I first met Clay, I had a lot of questions and I didn't know how to feel. My advice is to have fun and take a lot of pictures(something I wish I did.) I spent that entire day at the airport to calm my nerves and the time went really fast. Once I was on the airplane, I was super excited. When I got off the plane and saw him, the first thing I said was "Oh My God." We hugged and we kissed. It was wonderful. He took me to his place and we just hung out. We slept in the same bed so I would feel completely safe. That Friday, we stayed at his house and just spent the day watching TV and cuddling. Saturday, we spent most of the day watching South Park then he took me out to dinner. It was so perfect. At the end of the nite, I cried because I didn't wana have to leave the next day. The last day, Sunday, was the hardest day because I cried in his arms because I was so sad to leave him. I cried in the car as we drove to the airport and I cried alot at the airport. He told me that he cried as he was driving home from the airport. It made me sad but it showed me that he truly cared. Overall, I just enjoyed spending so much time with him.

Comment

I guess Im just nervous because im shy and stuff, I just hope that when he gets here and meets me again and stuff things go the way they are supposed to and we get along. Maybe this is a concern I should bring up to him lol. The fact that im scared we wont get along well. All in all though after the initial shock of seeing him in front of him rather than some video on my computer screen it'll be perfect. Im beyond excited.

Comment

If u need to talk about it, I am here for u!

Comment

Awww thanks! I will definitely take you up on that. Im super excited my work said I could take a few days off when he gets here.

Comment

Working...
                  X