Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just like that..he was going to end everything.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like that..he was going to end everything.

So my parents are moving to italy and my SO asked me if i wanted to go with them. I said alittle and he said "go then.I support that" but i told im if i go then we probably would have a complicated relationship or we would have to end our relationship but i didnt want to end our relationship . And he was okay with ending our realtionship after a year of us being together.He proposed to me and he was going to take everything back.Just like that. So now im crying my eyes out wondering if he even loved me.

It doesn't sound like you guys have a very solid foundation. First he lies to you about why he doesn't want to talk and then he says he'd break up just like that. I don't really know why you are engaged, a year is a very short time to know someone and the whole relationship you've described in the last few posts just doesn't seem like a healthy one. I think you need to sit down with him and ask him some tough questions. Why did he ask to marry you if he can give up just like that? What does he expect from the relationship? You need to know these things if you are engaged. Perhaps he has been feeling overwhelmed with the amount you talk and it's pushing him away.

Comment

My friend just asked him why he was still with me and he said "Cause...lol"

Comment

You need to ask him. Don't get your friends to do it for you. If you can't talk to him how do you expect this to work. It says you haven't even met yet on your profile. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? This is not a relationship you should be engaged in, it seems way too juvenile.

Comment

Everything that snow_girl said!

Being engaged after a year is a little quick but not all that concerning. But the fact that he would propose and just take it back like that throws up serious red flags. This is not healthy.

Finding myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Joni View Post
            My friend just asked him why he was still with me and he said "Cause...lol"
            That doesn't sound like a very good reason to me, but YOU need to sit down and have this serious conversation with him YOURSELF. Let him know that you're completely serious and you'd like it if he was too.

sigpic

Comment

I'm questioning how serious he is about this relationship. And to be honest, if you're still young enough to be talking about your relationship through your friends, you're probably too young to be engaged. I read your other post as well, and that only adds to my opinion.

I know I might be criticised for this, but having had a session reading through the "too young for love?" thread, I think this isn't a very mature relationship. I'm not doubting that you feel strongly for your SO, but this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship. The previous posters are right, you need to discuss this stuff with your SO, and talk openly and honestly about what you want.

Comment

After reading back through some of your other posts, I think that it's a bit hard to say that breaking up isn't the best option. This guy cheated on you and then blamed you for it, emotionally abused you and lied to you, and was ready to give up on your relationship that easily... and that will all only get worse with time. Regardless of whether you move or not, you deserve better than him, and I know that's hard. You need a new start and you deserve to find someone who will reciprocate your love, and respect you.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

That sounds really immature, you need to sit down with him and have a good conversation. Maybe he's really insecure and won't show it in front of your friends. He might too be having a hard time knowing that you are considering moving to Italy and he just reacts in a bad and immature way. Really, good communication is essential.

Comment

maybe he just wanted you to live your life to the fullest
                    or not get mad at him because you miss your fam and you gave up them for him

thats alot of pressure

Comment

I'm not going to say anything about getting engaged after a year thing. I got engaged after seven months (to my current SO) so I can't really talk.

But the fact that his only reason for being with you is "cause" and he was willing to propose and then take it all back is a red flag. I haven't read any of your previous posts but from what I can gather from others' posts you do need to sit down and figure out if you should still be with this guy.
                      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
                      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

I've only read through this thread, and not your other posts, but I do want to say this. If what people have said here is true about how your SO treats you, and he can't even give an answer about why he's with you to his friends. Maybe it's best to find someone else.

I have a family friend who always says "You should marry someone who loves you more than you love them" (I think this is BS btw) and it sounds like you love him more than he loves you, or that you are at least more invested. I imagine your heart must be hurting from what he said, and if he's not going to fight for your relationship now, find someone who will.

You have to protect your heart, nobody else will do it for you.

Comment

Wow. I can sympithize with how you must feel. But you need to sit and talk with him, not your friends. YOU need to talk to him.
                          " There is always hope.
                          "

Comment

My heart does hurt. He has said before "Im not in love with you...i dont want to get narried...i want to be single....i dont love you.." but its not like im forcing him to be with me. I told him if he isnt hapy then he can leave. But when we break up,eventually a couple days later we get back together. He is my first love and i love him more than anything on this Earth. They always say your first love is the deepest...

Comment

Originally posted by Joni View Post
                              My heart does hurt. He has said before "Im not in love with you...i dont want to get narried...i want to be single....i dont love you.." but its not like im forcing him to be with me. I told him if he isnt hapy then he can leave. But when we break up,eventually a couple days later we get back together. He is my first love and i love him more than anything on this Earth. They always say your first love is the deepest...
                              I'm confused as to why he proposed if he doesn't want to get married.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                              Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                              Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                              Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                              Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X