Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Anniversary Ever

Seriously.

This was our 1-year anniversary and after realizing that my SO was keeping something from me and continually badgering him, he finally admitted to me that he had cheated on me a couple months ago after we'd gotten into a huge fight. I was LIVID.

So instead of celebrating one year together, we were fighting like crazy and flipflopping between "We should break up" and "I still love you, this sucks." We were both bawling hysterically over the phone. He seriously regrets and it and he's sorry as all hell, but he still kept this from me for months.
    And on the other hand... we both do still love each other, and we want to try to stay together.
    In order to do that, though, it's going to require almost completely rebuilding how we handle things from the ground up. Starting with TELLING THE TRUTH.
    I feel like a moron for staying with him on one hand, but on the other hand I'm madly in love with him and part of me understands in a twisted way. I am glad he finally manned up and told the truth, too. But this is not the first time we've gotten in a huge fight as of late and things really need to change.

So we committed to actually celebrating our anniversary today, since we screwed it up so badly yesterday.

I'm just... still kind of in shock. And no matter how many times I ask myself, I do want to stay with him and try and make this work. Am I crazy? I get a 50/50 response from the masses; some say stay, some say leave. But to be honest, I love him too much, not only as a partner but as a friend, to leave him.

What a mess. Worst anniversary ever.

Wow. That fully sucks
    It takes a very strong couple to get past infidelity and grow stronger, and I wish you all the best. For what it's worth, I don't think you're a fool. If he does it six or seven times and you're still with him, then I will, but everyone deserves a second chance.

I hope your day late anniversary celebration is special
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

thats awful
      it would break me to find something like that out.
      on one hand i can see why he didnt tell you... because he was probably so sorry and like regretted it and realised he wanted you and didnt want to risk you breaking up... but then i can also see why you would be mad and confused and hurt because he kept it from you all this time.
      i agree with zephii, you are strong for working through this.
      i wish you all the luck in the world and i hope everything works out how you want it too!xxx

Comment

Thank you, guys. It really means a lot to me. I don't know if we're going to survive this but I'm going to try my damnedest.

Comment

It takes a lot to get past infidelity, but it's great you are going to try working through it.

Comment

Yeah... he's told me that he's willing to try anything to make this work again, so we'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
            X