Coping with adversity: carrots, eggs or coffee beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping with adversity: carrots, eggs or coffee beans

At one point or another, all of us have had to cope with a difficult situation, face setbacks or deal with disappointment. Here on LFAD, aside from any respective personal afflictions we may have, we share a common adversity: the distance that separates us from our sweethearts. The majority of things that happen to us on an everyday basis are out of our control for the most part, and this issue is no different. However, it could be argued that it isn't what happens to us that matters, but how we choose to respond...

This wonderful clip ended up in my email inbox, and I'd like to share it with all of you. If you find it as inspirational as I did, please pass it on

https://www.flickspire.com/m/Romantic/CarrotsEggsCoffee (sorry, I can't seem to insert it as a video you can watch right here)

Carrots, eggs or coffee beans: which one are you? I'd say I'm a coffee bean - about 80% of the time, at least!
    Last edited by lademoiselle; January 31, 2012, 02:54 PM.

Hmm I guess I would hafta say I'm more of an egg than anything, although I do have my carrot moments.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I'm not proud to say it but I'm an egg most of the time..

Comment

I'm a coffee bean that has some kind of carroty moments :P

Love the video by the way. Wise old grandmas :3

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
        \

Comment

Oh, I daresay we all have our carrot moments! Yes indeed, you can always count on grandmothers to know a thing or two. My SO's grandma, after meeting me for the first time, told my SO when she next saw him "you must keep her." Well... I do hope he takes her advice hehe

Comment

Working...
          X