On a bit of a downer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a bit of a downer...

I guess this comes under long distance relationships. I'm just feeling a bit down because I just got back from the airport after dropping off my mum. We had a wonderful week here and packed sooo much in! I loved having female company again!! She completely spoiled me for my birthday and we got to spend time together like we havnt had a chance to do in years!! It seems odd to me that I wont get to see her again now until the end of july She is one of my best best friends and gives me so much emotional support!! *Sigh* We only get to chat for about an hour a week on skype becuase of our schedules so we never get to catch up on everything.

Sorry this probably could have gone as a blog post but I just feel really alone again now. I wanted to cry on the train the whole way home Its just weird becuse I'm used to spending long periods of time away from her, I've supported myself and lived on my own for almost 3 years now, I also just turned 21, but it was so so difficult to say goodbye! I dont know if its immature of me to feel this upset! I'm going to be an emotional wreck when my SO leaves!!!
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Periods of being down definitely come with any relationship, but especially a LDR. Sometimes I get that way when I'm tired and I've had a rough day. Last night I practically cried myself to sleep about how I felt my SO and I would never get that "happily ever after" ending, so we've all been there. I don't think it's immature to be an emotional wreck when your SO leaves or if you miss them. It's a normal emotion, but I would say it's unhealthy if you're always feeling that way. A lot of times I dread parting from my boyfriend but it's never as bad as I think it will be. You will be ok again with time and just keep yourself occupied. I make plans for what I'll do after my SO or my family leaves so I have something to look forward to. Usually it's really simple like getting a cup of coffee or reading a book for pleasure, but knowing that I won't let myself just sit around doing nothing right after I say goodbye is comforting for me. Sorry I wrote you a book but hoped I helped and didn't just ramble!!

Comment

Working...
    X