Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the sweetest thing your SO every did for you or told you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such sweet stories!!

When I went to visit my fiance this past April, I got sick. So Tim researched the illness and gave me home remedies. Then he took me out for a night drive to take my mind off the discomfort, as well as pick up some other ingredients that might help me. He took such great care of me and my heart was smiling the entire time.

Okay so I have two :P

He took me to visit Worcester and as we were walking to a pub, it started to rain. We didn't have an umbrella so Tim covered me underneath his jacket as we ran for cover. Loved it.

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

once me and my BF were walking on the street past the music shop.we stopped to have a look (hes a pro-drummer) and i saw flute so i just said "you know,its my childhood dream to play flute".i didnt mean anything and we just went back home and then after few weeks he came to my room and got a flute out of his bag

Comment

My partner and I are closing the distance in......just a smidge less than 3 months (wahoo!). She's already in Texas in the apartment we're going to be living in, and I had been telling her how much I wanted to have a little garden on the balcony and be able to sit out there and read. Naturally she (good-heartedly) had been making fun of me about it, because it's so horribly hot down there that you really can only sit out there for about 2 months of the year. Anyway, I was down visiting her two weeks ago, and got to the apartment while she was still at work to find little pots for gardening that said "put me outside NOW!" I went out to the balcony to find she had gotten us matching chairs to sit out there together and a little table, and had decorated the balcony with lights and candles! It was so cute : )

Comment

I like this thread so here's a post to bump it back up.

I guess I need to actually add another actual reply here though, so:
          "I don't need you, I want you." - That may be a little off putting to some people, but I actually liked hearing that. It meant that he chose to be with me because he wanted to and that he knows that he is a strong enough man to not need someone else in his life. This one still doesn't really top my other reply here, but this isn't a competition and they are all coming from the same, amazing, man. ^_^;
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

He did a surprise visit on Valentines Day this year. I thought I wasn't going to be seeing him for over a month! I was really surprised since we were only in relationship for 2 months at this point. I will never forget waiting at the restaurant (thought my family and I were waiting for my dad). My dad walked in and then all of a sudden someone put their hands over my eyes. I kept thinking "who the heck do I know that would be here..." I turned around and there was my SO. I was pretty much in utter shock and could only say "Oh my god!" and just hug him. He thought it was funny I had no idea he was coming. I still have the picture of him I took that night in a picture frame...-sigh- this makes me miss him xD

Comment

This thread is beyond adorbs
              Ok so, something so sweet he did was
              one and a half years ago, when we first became a couple we woould go on dates frequently and he had this real cute t shirt that made him look sooo handsome, he is the handsomest guy ever in my eyes :P but that t shirt made him look soo handsome, and I would ask him to wear it always when he came to see me :P thn I went back home, and said hey babe when you take goood use out of that t shirt and wen its old can I please have itt :P he said ok we closed the distance almost 1.5 years after that incident, but didnt live together yet. and aftei moved back to the samr city as him I went to meet his family, and the first thing he put on my hands nicely wraped is omg that t shirt <3 I was beyond happy :P

The sweetest thing he said to me was
              I dont want to lose you. You are the only person who understand me like no other <3 I meltedddd :P I was pissed at him, and he said that and how the hell can,i be pissed at him after that :P
              I love u so much penguwoooo <3 eee

Comment

He has done lots of sweet things, but probably one of the sweetest was when I got upset because all my candles had burned out (I have a candle obsession), HBB took all of the old candles, scraped out the small amount of wax left in each and made a frankencandle. Just that he would take the effort and time to make a candle out of wax scraps just so I wouldn't be sad....so sweet

Comment

She recently got me a package with three huge packs of tic tacs - which happen to be my greatest obsession. But more importantly is she wrote me this letter that I really loved. It went a little bit like this:
                  "In French, the language of my beloved country that I know you love so much (she's French and I tend to make fun of her for it), you don't really say "I miss you," you say "tu me manques," which is a closer meaning to "You are missing from me." In a way I like that meaning better. You are a part of me and being so far away from you has caused me to function improperly. You are missing from me and I don't like it. I want to be near you and I am counting down the days until I can feel you again."

She went on to write some more stuff but I just really loved that she said that.

Comment

Wrote me a song and played it on the guitar down the telephone I absolutely melted. When i was there he serenaded it me in person, may sound cheesy I know but I loooooooooooooooooooooved it. My very own song

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                    Second visit scheduled May 2013
                    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Amazing stories, guys! You are so lucky!

The sweetest thing must be when my SO had only recently moved away, I was working one normal boring Sunday shift. All heartbroken from the parting still. So at around 10.30 am he sends me a text saying "pack your bags, you're going to Copenhagen! Your plane leaves at 2pm" I seriously thought my heart stopped. He had bought me tickets to go see him for one night, so I hurried to get someone in instead of me, went home, packed my bag in like a minute and drove off to the airport and flew to Copenhagen for one night. Unreal.

Comment

Hmm, it would probably either be when he told me that the first time he saw me cry it almost made him tear up, the thing he wrote me about how much he loves me, or when he asked me what I would want to name our kids. Anything like that really, I love when he talks about our future together.

Edit: Nope, it was definitely what he did tonight. He was trying for hours to get to sleep, and couldn't despite being really tired and finally he told me it was probably cause he hadn't gotten to say goodnight to me. So I called him on skype, we said our good nights and he was snoring within 5 minutes. It was adorable. Right before he fell asleep he said "Ah yeah, I'm more tired now. I feel more comfy."
                        Last edited by melarie; December 30, 2012, 01:02 AM.
                        "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

This may sound weird, but it was when I had an argument with my mother (unfortunately, he was visiting) and I started crying, but then he stood right beside me, wiping away my tears. There were no words for how sweet that was because I totally did not expect that.

Comment

I had a mental breakdown when talking to my parents about 2 months into our relationship. I cried my heart out and they still didn't understand a word I was saying about how important my boyfriend was to me. So I told them that there is nothing left to say.
                            I went back to my room, whiped my tears and sat down at my computer and there he was, asking me to turn on skype and he started to sing Phil Collins - True Colors just for me

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

That despite never leaving her home country before, getting very travel sick and scared of flying, she will come home with me for up to 6 months, so we can be together, perfect

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                              2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                              3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                              4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                              5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                              6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                              7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                              Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                              UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

He used to write me poems and tell me them over the phone. They were so sweet. And my favorite line was, "I love you to the moon and back." <3

First met: June 2012
                                Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                                Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                                Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Working...
                                X