I've asked myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've asked myself...

.. if our relationship would work out if we would be CD..
    I mean it says that people always want what they can't get. Sometimes I ask myself if I love an want my SO just because it's do difficult and complicated and I can't have him..
    have you ever felt or thought the same? o.O

Oh yes. More than once. I think that's natural, and perhaps there's no way of knowing for certain until you're actually in the same place. After all, there are aspects of the other person's character which we don't have to deal with when we're miles and miles apart! For example, I do wonder sometimes if my SO and I could live together successfully in the long run... we get on perfectly in essence, but we're both human and come with our own ways of handling everyday life. From the time we've spent together in a domestic situation, to be quite honest I think both of us have a few habits which would drive the other mad However, we're planning on having a trial period of living together in order to address issues exactly like this. We both know we're compatible emotionally, mentally, sexually etc. but until we put that important physical piece of the puzzle in place, the picture will remain incomplete.

Comment

Me and my SO are so different, almost like night and day, and before we met I often wondered this too. If we would just be better off staying far, far away from each other because at least you have something to look forward to and fight for. However, seeing the toll that this distance takes on us, id so much rather be CD.
      "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
      Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
      Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
      First Visit: December 7, 2017
      Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

me and my SO started CD for four months and then I left. I miss him so much and want to be together with him night and day,but I just wander if I want it so much because I love him or because it's impossible right now..and the whole future stuff will get complicated if we want to close the distance.. so I don't know if I really want him or if I want this adventure and trying to get what is almost impossible to get.

Comment

I'm sure it's a very common feeling. I know for a fact it was something that crossed my mind several times. Honestly, you really will not know until the time comes and you are CD again. In the meantime, try tour best to understand where these thoughts are coming from and if you notice that you are thinking it when you are missing him, then maybe it is because you love him.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I understand where you're coming from. My SO and I didn't become a couple until after we'd met, but during that period when we both had strong feelings or each other, I'd always wonder if I wanted him because he was far away, and he wasn't my boyfriend, so it was almost like... he could hurt me, but only to a certain extent. But I guess that's another issue, haha.
            I think that because you left after 4 months, you guys would've still been in the first flushes of your romance so that's probably one of the reasons you're feeling so intensely.
            I understand the merit of keeping yourself in check, but sometimes we second guess ourselves when we don't need to. If I were you, I'd try and relax 'til the next visit, when you'll be able to figure out if he's really all you think he is.

Comment

My SO and I lived CD for seven years before, but we were only in a relationship for three months CD. We have been best friends for years, and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to be so close to him before we went off to college. That being said, we've never lived in the same space together. I feel as though, no matter how compatible two people are, they will always have little habit that annoys the other, and vice versa. In some ways, I'm very glad that we're apart because he is where he needs to be to further his education, and I am as well. But, of course, it's incredibly difficult not to be with him all the time, especially because I used to be. I think everyone above is right: you obviously won't know for sure until you live together for an extended period of time, but for now, as cheesy as this sounds, trust your heart, and know that you love your SO!

Comment

I haven't felt this way. I think we work better in person then from a distance. Were able to see our emotions better, and can be closer. So ive never felt this way. But! I feel we wouldn't have ever been together if we had met in CD first instead of online. Im so shy, so I never would have approached him in person, im so self conscious. And if he had approached me, because im shy he would have gotten short answers from me, and yeah... wouldn't have happened. So I am thankful for my "long distance" part.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think everyone in general wonders about this. It is the same being in a relationship and then moving to live with someone. It is a whole new meaning/world/experience.

My SO and I have been on and off CD for 5 months out of your 13months together. So I have experienced it both ways. So i know we can be CD now my worry is living together. It just comes with change.

If you are worried about WHY you are with you SO and if you really love him, then maybe you need to look further into your relationship and not just if you would work CD.
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

our first summer together after we started dating we we both nervous we would get sick of each other and it wouldnt work. But it did

Comment

I know that the few months are romantic and feeling butterflies and those things.. but I mean this summer he is going to stay just a few weeks,so that we will be again in this romatic phase because we haven't seen eachother for so long and we know that time is precious; so that we won't reach a daily routine, to see if we could work CD. The only chance is to close the distance,but that wold mean that one of us has to give up everything and move to another continent.. and that's a big risk!

Comment

Working...
                      X