Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you met online, did you take the relationship seriously at first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amatory View Post
    My SO told me from the beginning that he'd do anything to be with me, even if it meant moving over here and visiting asap because I said I didn't know if I could handle another LDR. But he's proving me wrong.

So yes, we were completely serious about it from the start. c:
    Aww that's so cute! I'm happy that it was set in stone from the beginning for you two!
    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

We both weren't online looking for someone, just messing around but from the minute we met, we knew there was something there. A few days later we became official and that's how it's been ever since.

Comment

I think we were both looking for a true friend more than anything, and when we found precisely that in one another... well, things sort of progressed from there! I don't think either of us ever imagined we'd end up where we are now though. We took our connection seriously from pretty early on, but for sure the relationship came later

Comment

The first 2 weeks or so I knew I had feelings for him but I wasn't sure if it was something I would ever pursue. I just wasn't sure at the time if I was going to travel half way across the country to meet him. But within the first month I knew he was something special and I would do anything to meet him.

Finding myself.

Comment

We started talking as friends only. We had both been commenting on this other guys status (our only mutual friend) and had started addressing each other in the comments. One morning, we were talking for a while and our (rather drunk, kinda hungover) friend got annoyed because his phone was blowing up lol so one of us added the other and we started messaging. I wasn't looking for anything, although I did have a minor crush on him. He was trying to get this other girl to notice that he loved her. We were just friends, and I often gave him advice on his little crush-type thing. I hated the girl just because of how she acted. Finally, he broke things off with her and we started talking even more. It got to the point to where we were almost constantly talking. Around the 2nd-to-last week in Dec. we started flirting. Haha, just easy flirting. Theeennnn, on New Years Eve (at 11:23 PM ) he said "Ich liebe dich" which is "I love you" in German.

So, to answer your questions:
            Our inital intentions were to be friends and friends only.
            I didn't really see it as anything until we started talking romantically. Then, he assured me we'd meet someday and I believe him.

Comment

The day we met... we knew each other for about 3 hours, then he asked me out. So no, I did not think it was really anything serious at first. It was fun, and it was nice to have someone to talk to and be close with. After a few weeks however, he expressed the want to meet me, something I had never even thought of, so after that I took it seriously. Both of us were faithful from the very start though, calling each other our boyfriend/girlfriend, never flirting, nothing like that. Just, I was very very young when we started dating so it took a while to get used to having a boyfriend, since he was my first. Both very serious now though, haha.

Comment

I met my SO online and at first we were just friends but we both knew rather quickly that we wanted to meet so he set it up to have me fly out to him. When you click, you just click. But I also know that we weren't intending on our relationship to be strictly online or stay LD. We both know that, if all goes well in April, we would be planning to close the distance.
                "She is motivated by love. The world moves for love - it kneels before it in awe."

Comment

Working...
                X