hi im new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi im new

hi im new to this site and im soooo glad ive found it, on the 22nd feb im about to start a long distance relationship with my bf of nearly 3 years as he is moving to oz to play football for at least 6 months but with the intensions of staying longer - GUTTED

im currently at college and due to finish in june so fingers crossed i will move once im finished, ive been in a long distance relationship before with a previous boyfriend for 2 and a half years i think having this past experience is making me more nervous and stressed about the one that is just about to begin

looking forward to hearing everyones stories and hopefully sharing useful tips and advice xxx
    morven and christopher <3

Welcome! Only because you had a previous bad experience it doesn't mean it will be bad this time too

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

hi thanks for the welcome

my past experience wasnt bad as such i just found it really difficult and as much as i love watching countdowns get less and less i find it annoying that im going to spend the next couple of months wishing time away - but hopefully the time will pass quickly and i have college to keep me busy which as much as its a pain its also a blessing at the same time - i will just have to keep reminding myself that it is all worth it and there is nothing like that feeling u get when u have missed someone for a long time and u finally see them again

Comment

That's the right attitude Well this site is really good support for the days that just seem longer than others. Take the time he's away to focus on yourself, and study hard. It will go by fast, don't worry

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

It's great that you're starting with a tentative end date that is within a few months. Lots of us have no idea when we'll be able to end it for sure. I finally have a tentative end date in August. So just focus on the positives! And I promise if you're about to graduate, you'll be so busy making all those arrangements and then making arrangements to move with your SO, that June will be here before you know it.

Comment

well it is not confirmed that it is june i will move but the thought that i could be there in june is keeping me going - i feel for every single one of u that dont have end dates thats what it was like in my previous relationship and it is such hard work but can be soooo worth it

seems silly that im stressing for a couple of months when others have to wait sooo long

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
              As a sort-of-still-newbie, I can honestly say that this site is amazing. The people are soo supporitive and kind! I'm sure you'll like it

Comment

Hey welcome!!

This forum has really helped me and my boyfriend of 14 months get through our LDR (we have been in a LDR for 6 months now).
                Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Welcome and Good luck! I hope we can be of some help to you!!!
                  Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Welcome to the site! Everyone's here for each other; it's a wonderful place to be

Comment

aww thanks for all the welcomes already finding this site great and my bf hasnt left yet - although its not the nicest of things to go through its great to know im not the only one going through this

Comment

Working...
                      X